https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2014-02-20 22:25:492014-02-20 22:25:49Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Short one for your this week as games are struggling to get going with the weather and pitch conditions:
- Well done to Martha Byrne who was named Dublin’s Player of the month after her display against Kerry in the first round of the Senior Football league. A great honour for her and for Cuala Ladies Football.. Nice picture on the www.hill16.ie and also on our own website.
- Well done too to the Cuala U15 (99s) hurlers who, on Friday night, won the inaugural ‘Garden of Ireland’ division 1 tournament by beating a highly fancied Naas team in the final. Along the way Cuala were unbeaten in a 6 team tournament that also included Whitehall Colmcilles, Kilmacud Crokes, Wicklow Development and St Kevins. Great performances by all players on the night and the ‘man of the match’ award was presented to George O’Brien who epitomised the entire team spirit shown throughout the tournament that was run on Friday nights under floodlights during December to February.
- Cuala will be very well represented in the upcoming Under 16 Leinster and All Ireland Championships in both Camogie and Ladies Football. No fewer than 5 of the Cuala 1998 girls have been selected for the squads. Hannah O’Dea is selected on both the Camogie and Football squads – a notable achievement in itself. She is joined on the Football Squad by Billie Kate Huggard and on the Camogie squad by Sinead Murphy, Blaithin Lane and Clodagh Sheehan. The first round of the Leinster camogie championship sees the Dubs take on Wexford this Sunday, February 23rd. The footballers open their account versus Kildare on March 1st. We wish all 5 of the girls the very best.
- This week sees the start of the minor hurling season with the As at home to St.Vincents while the Bs are out in Castleknock.
- Senior footballers are away to Erins Isle this Sunday(10:30am), while the Junior As are out in Kiltipper against Thomas Davis(12:00pm), Junior Bs are in Hyde Park at 2:30pm against Howth while the Junior Cs are away to St.Marks at 2:30pm also.
Sin a bhfuil