https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-03-13 22:04:302014-03-13 22:04:30Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala patrons
Nearly St. Patrick’s Day already and spring in the year – how time is flying:
- Great day for Coláiste Eoin in Croke Park last Saturday in the game preceding the Dublin Kildare National League game. The match report is on the Cuala website. Colaiste Eoin now play the winners of St Patricks Maghera and Omagh CBS in the All Ireland Semi Final on the 29th March. Details to follow. The Colaiste panel has 14 Cuala players and each one played a significant role in the Colaiste’s march to Leinster success. Dara Collopy’s performance when he was introduced as a substitute was immense and deserves special mention for such a young player.
- The U13 Girls(2001s) with some help from the 2002s fielded two Football and two Camogie teams at the weekend. In Division 1 Football the girls played Foxrock/Cabinteely and in Divison 1 Camogie they played Raheny. The girls played excellently winning both matches. In their Division 5 football against St Marks and Division 4 Camogie against St Kevin the girls again played very well but lost narrowly enough.
- Good luck to the minor ladies who hope to continue their good start to the league with an away match against St Pats Donabate on Saturday. We are always looking for new players. If you are interested please contact Linda 087 2483646
- Dublin Senior hurlers came away with nothing from a flat performance in Walsh Park last Sunday against a Waterford team that looks like it might take a scalp or two in the All Ireland this year. Hard luck to Cian O’Callaghan, Colm Cronin and Mark Schutte. This Saturday pits them against the Cats in Parnell Park at 7pm in a must win game.
- The Minor inter-county championship will be starting in a matter of weeks. In preparation, the Dublin Minor footballers are out against Armagh this Saturday in Crossmaglen. Good luck to Donal Lane and Con O’Callaghan. Monday sees Jake Malone and the County Minor hurlers play Galway in DCU at 11am followed by a match against Tipperary on Wednesday.
- CPR courses: We are looking for any CPR instructors as we will be starting course at the end of March. If you have a valid instructor certificate Please contact Linda 087 2483646
- Cuala CLG’s Annual Social and Awards night is being held in the Cuala Hall on Saturday 5th April 8pm till late. This is our opportunity to recognise and celebrate the achievements of both the club and its members over the past year. Just as importantly, it’s also a great night out and this year we’re encouraging all members, parents, partners, wives and husbands to come down and enjoy the festivities. Tickets cost €15 per person, which includes a hot buffet meal and entertainment, and are available from the various sections.
All the news for this week – Happy St.Patricks Day