https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2014-01-23 19:42:472014-02-16 00:17:52Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Time we made a bit of a start on the news for 2014 so here goes:
- Pride of place this week goes to Sinéad Wylde who was revealed as one of the the U13 Dublin Camogie Players of the Year for 2013 at a ceremony in Portmarnock on Sunday. The teams from our 1998, 1999 and 2000 groups were there to pick up trophies. Cuala is now the 3rd biggest juvenile camogie club of the 42 that play in Dublin, with 375 players registered last year.
- Congratulations to Anna Quinn, Grainne O’Driscoll and Rachel Hartnett who will hope to follow in Sinéad’s footsteps having been selected for this year’s U13 Camogie Development squad.
- Sam Maguire is coming to the club on Saturday see the details on the website. Sam will be shown around by his good friend Michael Fitzsimons. The two have grown very close in recent years and some even say that Michael and Sam are planning another link up next September. But maybe thats just another rumour. Details on the website.
- Annual Subscriptions are now due. Full details on https://cualagaa.ie/membership-2/. Existing members are urged to pay on-line and help keep our club officials away from the paperwork and allow them focus on their real job – supporting Cuala teams on the pitch.
- Fancy helping a student with a college project? Ciara is a final-year student at TCD who is doing her thesis on Ash Dieback. Part of her study includes a player survey and Cuala Hurling and Camogie players are invited to participate. Just follow this link to complete the short questionnaire. https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GCC73DJ
- Folks here is one we need you to get behind. You all know by now we are trying to raise funds to do (fundamental, game changing, once in-a-lifetime) land acquisitions for the club. Following a proposal from the National Financial Management Committee it has been agreed to run a draw for GAA Clubs across the country. This is a major opportunity for the Central Council to assist Clubs in their fund-raising. Cuala have been allocated 2,000 tickets. Details shortly on the website but we want you all to help us to sell these and raise much needed funds for the club.
- Cuala were well represented in Tuesday night’s Walsh Cup match versus a UCD team that featured among others Jack Guiney of Wexford and Walter Walsh of Kilkenny. The starting 15 included three Cuala players making their competitive debut Cian O’Callaghan, Colm Cronin and Barry Connolly. Mark Schutte was introduced as a second half substitute following an injury lay off. Lads acquitted themselves well in a hard hitting encounter. Next Sunday sees the semi final v Wexford in Gorey.
- Congratulations to our new communications boss – Michael Walsh has been appointed Cuala PRO
All for this week,