Hello Cuala Patrons
The light is fading fast, its nearly time to revert to the winter training programme. For once its the weather that brings a pleasant surprise. What a glorious week!
- Winter training schedules for all sections are now available. Well done to the Coaching Department on scaling that organisational “Everest”. If you don’t know where you are next week better ask quick.
- There will be a full meeting of the Juvenile Boys Committee at the club at 9pm on Tuesday, October 4th
- After eight years of excellent service, Breege English has announced her intention to step down as Juvenile referee co-ordinator.Thanks Breege. If you are a well organised person and would like to give a little time to helping out in the smooth running of the appointment of Cuala referees at our youngster’s home games, please get in touch with Rob Hartnett email@example.com. It requires a little time on texts, and a degree of organisational skill to liaise between team mentors and the panel of juvenile refs. Your reward is knowing that you have put something in to all the games going ahead in the right manner. It is a key role in the smooth running of the games. You know you can do it.
- Under 14As gave a magnificent performance against the All Ireland Feile winners Ballymun last Saturday in Thomastown. They ended up on the losing side but the scoreline of 6-9 to 1-12 does scant justice to the efforts of a hard working bunch of players who did themselves proud. An all round good performance was the order of the day.
- U15s beat Kilmacud Crokes in a thriller in Thomastown last Sunday 2-9 to 2-5 in Div1 Championship Shield.
- The U16 Footballers had a 4 point victory over Castleknock in Shankill on Saturday while on the adjoining pitch the U16B Footballers played out an enthralling draw against St. Vincents. The B’s needed a win to give them a realistic chance of winning the league and now have to await other results to see where they finally finish up in the league. This weekend it’s Championship Hurling for the U16’s’, the A’s face Kilmacud Crokes in Shankill on Saturday at 3:30 while the B’s are away to St Finian’s of Swords.
- The two Minor Football teams commenced their Championship last Sunday. The Minor A Football team won a hard fought match away to Skerries Harps by 2-06 to 0-08. Cuala decided to play with the aid of a very strong wind in the hope of building up a good lead. However, this did not work out as the teams were level at half time at 3 points each. The match remained very close right thought out the 2nd half with no more than 1 point separating the teams at any given time. With the sides level with five minutes remaining, Cuala’s forward Dan O’Keefe scored a great goal but Skerreis responded instantly with 2 quick points and the result was still on a knife edge. With about 1 minute remaining, Cuala were awarded a free on the Skerries 45, the ball was kicked into the box was punched into the net by Greg Egan to the cheers of the Cuala support. Their next game is against Castleknock in Shankill on Sunday 9th Oct. The Minor B’s lost to a very strong Na Piarsaigh side which are an amalgamation of Crumlin and Good Council. Next game is away to Kilmacud also on the 9th Oct.
- Minor Hurlers start their Championship this Sunday 2nd Oct with an away game against Whitehall in Cloghran at 11am.
- Some of the Dublin Senior Hurlers will be in Tallaght Library next Wednesday 5th of October to launch Children’s Book Festival. They will be bringing the league and Walsh cups and will stay for photos and autographs. All welcome and of course admission is free.
- If anyone is interested in helping out the Adult section or helping one of the Adult teams for 2012 would they please drop Eddie Gough an email on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Congratulations to Tony Butler who was the €5oo winner in the All Ireland Forecast competition. Although we had a number of entries that predicted the correct score Tony’s tiebreaker attendance prediction at 82,279 only 21 away from the actual attendance of 82,300 was the closest. Tony – you were supposed to watching the match not counting the heads in Croke Park.
- I told a bit of a white lie last week, the Cuala Family Fun Day will be now be on Sunday 9th October from 1-6pm in Hyde Rd. The usual games and events will be staged. We really do need help . If you think you could possible lend a hand please contact me here or Lorraine Hayes on email@example.com. If not, just come along bring the family and enjoy yourself. Here is link to all the details.
Thats it – more next week