https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/IMG_0094.jpg 683 1024 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2013-11-21 22:13:312013-11-21 22:18:49Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Its a short one but a good one this week with the Cuala Minors crowned kings of Dublin football in 2013:
- The Cuala Minor As became the kings of Dublin in a thrilling football final in Parnells last Sunday. Facing local rivals Kilmacud Croke, Cuala pushed into an early lead and the first half was going to plan. Then calamity on the 24th minute when Andrew Murphy drew a harsh red card for retaliation in a tangle with his opposite number. Leading by 4 points at half-time, it was a case of backs to wall. Showing great grit , they Cuala lads kept pushing into the second half but Crokes superior numbers were beginning to tell. Crokes got a goal after 3 minutes of the restart and so the battle began. Tit for tat scores and frees were traded with Cillian Sheanon slotting a vital goal to keep Cuala spirits up. As the 2nd half wore on, Crokes grew in confidence and were final level with a free in the 60th minute. So 20 minutes of extra time were called for and the full complement of 15 players was restored. A noticeable cloud lifted from over the head of young Andrew Murphy. In the extra time Cuala were in complete control. The telling score came after 64 minutes when Kyle Braine calmly slotted a goal to break Crokes hearts. With Con O’Callaghan and Sean Treacy slotting points for fun, it was one way traffic, and Cuala ended up 8 point winners, 2-14 to 1-9. It was a fantastic performance from a marvellous bunch of players to bring the minor football trophy back to Dalkey after 7 years.
The team was Jake Malone, Ciaran McDermott, Kevin Killion, Dylan Treacy, Cian Byrne, Sean Drummond, Martin Cahalane, Conor Murphy, Sean Dowling, Cillian Sheanon, Andrew Murphy, Jack Behan, Con O’Callaghan, Conor O’Sullivan, Sean Treacy, Donal Lane, Niall James, Kyle Braine, Shane Murphy, Luc O Giollain, Gavin Hartnett . Sean Brennan was injured but also part of the squad,
- To add to the sense of achievement , the Minor B footballers beat St. Marks earlier last Sunday to reach the final of the Minor D football championship. We expect the final will be played Sunday week, the 1st of December.
- The Minor B Hurlers are in semi-final Championship action next Sunday against Na Fianna in Mobhi Road at 11am. All support is welcome.
- Its AGM season and it would be great to see as many people as possible attend the Club AGM on Thursday 5th December at 7:30pm. THere are some important decisions to make and this is place to do it. Hope to see you there.
- We would like to get as much support as we can for a special fund-raiser. Next Thursday, 28th November in the Queens Pub Dalkey at 8pm there will be a fund-raiser for Michael Lane. Michael had a serious accident in August of this year in Barcelona where he now lives. As a result of this, he has been paralysed from the neck down and is attending the Guttman Institute in Barcelona for rehabilitation treatment.
The Table Quiz is the first fund-raising initiative of Michael’s extended family in Ireland. We would appreciate your support in any way possible, by your attendance at the Quiz, donation of a prize for the raffle and/or by promoting the cause to your family and friends. Tables of four at €10 per person. Here is the facebook link https://www.facebook.com/events/222448077933868/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
All for this week