https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-11-14 22:38:072013-11-14 22:42:04Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Big day for the Minor footballers on Sunday and AGM season is in full swing now:
- Cuala will contest the County Minor A Football Championship Final against Kilmacud Crokes next Sunday 17th November. The venue has been changed to Parnells GAA Club in Coolock Village (Chanel College) and the throw-in is confirmed for 12pm. This is a great achievement for the Lads and Cuala. The last time we reached the Minor A Football Final was in 2006. Please make a special effort to support the team on Sunday.
- Well done to the Minor B Hurlers who beat Raheny last weekend to progree to the Semi Final of the Championship. Match Report on Website here https://cualagaa.ie/2013/11/minor-b-hurlers-progress-to-championship-semi-final. Best wishes to our Minor B Footballers play St Marks away in the Semi final of their Championship on Sunday morning at 11am.
- Cuala Academy are having their second Club Hour this Saturday 9.00 – 10.00 in the Bar. We want to encourage parents to come along, use the bar and meet each other. All members are welcome along.
- Congratulations to our Under 13B footballers (2000s) who gained promotion from Division 8 on Saturday with a one point win over Castleknock in a great 2nd place playoff game at Porterstown.
- Well done to the 200 lads who played in the 4-a-side tournament at the MUGA on Saturday – an important fundraiser for the Juvenile Boys section. Thanks to Lorraine Hayes for organising this super event. The lads really enjoyed the day. To be repeated !
- The 1998 Hurlers competed in a Hurling Tournament hosted by Naas GAA Club last week end. Read how they got on here https://cualagaa.ie/2013/11/1998s-hurlers-prepare-for-new-2014-season-with-tournament-in-naas/ .
- Hard luck to the Ladies Minor football who were beaten in their Championship final last Friday night by a strong Clan Na Gael.The girls put in a superb performance and the mentors are extremely proud of their attitude and team spirit both on and off the pitch. Thanks to the large group of supporters from throughout the club that came along on a bitterly cold evening
- Its AGM season so here goes in chronological order:
- The Juvenile Boys AGM will be held at 9.30pm on Monday 18th in the Committee room in Cuala.
- The Juvenile Girls Section AGM will be held next Tuesday, 19 November at 8.30pm in the Committee Room, Cuala, Hyde Road. We would encourage all those associated with the Section, particularly the parents of the girls, to attend.
- The Minor AGM will be held on Wednesday 20th at 8:30pm in Committee room.
- The 2013 Club AGM will be held in the Hall on Thursday 5th December at 19:30 p.m.Members, who were recorded as eligible at the time of posting, should, by now, have received their official AGM notifications. If you qualify to attend and haven’t yet received a letter, please get in touch with your Games Registrar and we’ll investigate. And if you did get a letter, be sure to check your details and let us know any corrections. Don’t forget, The Closing Date for Receipt of Nominations and Motions is Thur. 21st Nov. and the AGM itself in on Thur. 5th Dec.
- Applications for Management Teams for the Senior and Junior A Hurling teams are now being sought. Interested parties should contact 0872044616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anybody with an interest in Hurling is invited to attend a meeting of the Adult Hurling Forum to be held on Monday 18th November 2013 at 8.00pm in the Cuala club. This is a very important meeting as we try to plan and organise Adult Hurling in the Club for the coming year. In particular, PARENTS OF 2nd YEAR MINOR PLAYERS SHOULD ATTEND as how best to integrate them into the Adult Section will be high on the agenda.
- Congratulations to our senior hurlers David Treacy, Mark Schutte, Paul Schutte, Oisin Gough, Cian O’Callaghan, Colm Cronin, Barry Connolly and Simon Timlin on their recent call-up to the Dublin Senior Hurling Panel. It is a wonderful achievement for Cuala to have 8 players on the Dublin panel and it is a great recognition of the work Cuala people are doing at every level in the club to promote Hurling and develop these wonderfully talented players.
- There are many of us in Cuala with lots of opinions! Well here’s a chance to put some together. Bord na nÓg are looking for some feedback on the Juvenile Games Programme. Read message from Ken O’Sullivan, Cathaoirleach, Coiste na nOg Atha Cliath, and complete the online feedback form. It only takes a couple of minutes
- Hard luck to the U21 A and B footballers who bowed out of their respective championships on Saturday. This was the first time a B team has been entered at the U21 grade and much of that was down to the exertions of Darragh Agnew and Colum Sheanon who put in a big effort to ensure their team was competitive. It is hoped that all these players will continue playing adult football next year.The U21As played out an epic game against St Brigids in front of a massive crowd in Dalkey. Despite Cuala scoring a commendable 15 points in normal time, Brigids matched it with 3-6 and eventually won out in extra time. There were trojan performances all over the pitch and the disapointment at the end of the game belied the effort that had been put in on the field. With only three players on the A team ineligible next year it is hoped Cuala will make the breakthrough at U21 in 2014.
- The Cuala 2000 Girls Feile 2014 Fundraising effort starts early with a Clothing Recyling drive in the Cuala Hall on December 7th 2014 from 3-4pm. Details soon the website but usual stuff qualifies such as clean clothes, bed linens (not duvets), towels, shoes, curtains, bags, belts soft toys mobile phones, books (not school books) and no bric brac.
- The annual Cuala Mass for deceased members and family will be held on Wednesday 27th November in Cuala at 8:30pm. If anyone has deceased members they wished to have prayed for please send details to Brid Sheanon on 086 3677365.
- Lastly, many of you would know the Lane Family, John, Thelma, Donal, Tiaráin and Blaithin. John’s brother Michael had a serious accident in August of this year in Barcelona where he now lives. As a result of this, he has been paralysed from the neck down and is attending the Guttman Institute in Barcelona for rehabilitation treatment. All support including donation of a prize for the raffle is welcome. Tables of four at €10 per person. Details on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/222448077933868/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
Enough for one week!