https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-11-07 01:06:132013-11-07 01:18:04Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Minor Footballers make it to the County final and AGM season starts about now so pay attention below:
- Well done to the Under 15 girls (1998s) who completed a notable double last weekend, adding the Division One Football Shield to the equivalent Camogie title secured two weeks ago. The Cuala girls overcame a strong Ballyboden challenge in blustery and showery conditions at Pairc Ui Mhurchu – 2 goals from Billie Kate Huggard and a superb goal from Sorcha Barron set up the win although equally important was the tenacious and brave defensive work of Anna Moran, Saoirse Gallagher, Cara Sullivan and the (unofficial but unanimous) player of the match, Eleanor Moore.
- It’s a busy end to the season for the Under 13 boys (2000s) in football. Last weekend saw the U13As retain Division 1 status for 2014 with a hard fought win over Ballyboden at Thomastown. On an exciting last day of the competitive season, other results saw the lads finish 5th in the top flight – a great reward for lots of hard work and leaves them nicely set up for Feile year. This Saturday the Under 13Bs finish their football season with a playoff game for promotion from Division 8 – away against Castleknock in Porterstown at 3pm. These lads have worked equally hard during the year with some great games and great wins and we wish them well in this final game of the season with second place and promotion at stake.
- Best of luck to the Minors Ladies are playing in the Division 3 Championship final on Friday night at 7.30 under floodlights against Clann Na Gael on their home pitch in Ringsend.All support is welcome!
- Minor A footballers beat championship favourites BallyBoden in a thriller last Sunday to reach the A-county final. The final is fixed for Sunday 17th in O’Toole Park 12pm.
- Good luck to Cuala senior hurler Brian ‘Breezer’ Fitzgerald who is heading Down Under. The club would like to wish him all the best on his adventures.
- The winners of the Murder Mystery can be found here. Click to see all the details : https://cualagaa.ie/2013/11/murder-mystery-solved/
- The 2013 AGM will be held in the Hall on Thursday 5th December at 7:30 p.m. Official Notifications of the meeting are being prepared and will be posted to eligible members this weekend. Games Sections are reminded that the closing date for receipt of Nominations and Motions will be Thursday 21st Nov so it’s important that Section AGMs are facilitated before then to allow for any submissions that might arise.
- The Adult Games section AGM will be held on Monday 11th November at 8pm in the Committee Room.
- The Academy and Cuala Shop are launching an initiative to have a recycling scheme of good quality Cuala Wear and Secondhand Boots. We are asking for members to donate items of good quality and clean club tops and old boots that have gotten too small for the wearers. This scheme will be run on a charitable basis with donations of 2 euro per item bought from the scheme going to both a charity to be nominated by the Coiste and the Cuala Hardship Fund. We hope that in these recessionary times that the scheme will help members to do something for charity whilst helping fellow members of the club.
All for this week