https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-10-24 22:03:332013-10-24 22:21:19Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
We are closing in on Halloween and hopefully some silverware too :
- Massive weekend for the Minor Hurlers who face Kilmacud Crokes on Sunday in the Championship semi-final.11am Sunday Shankill – need all your support.
- The Hurling Forum AGM oct 30th 8pm in Cuala.
- Senior hurlers play Naomh Fhionnbarra in O’Toole park on Sunday at 12 in Relegation play-off.
- What a fantastic weekend for the Juvenile Girls section in Cuala with three trophies being collected in venues around Dublin.
First up were the under 14s who contested the u14 Division 3 Shield against a strong Thomas Davis side who were playing on their home turf. The Cuala girls led from the beginning and enjoyed a comfortable lead at half time. Thomas Davis fought back bravely in the second half but could not catch up on a strong Cuala team performance.
The under 13 girls played in their first championship final today and continued the winning run for Cuala. Playing in somewhat windy conditions in Trinity Gaels they beat a strong Naomh Barrog team by a score line of 4g 2p to 2g 1p.
With two trophies secured all eyes were now on the under 15s who were contesting the division 1 shield final in Phoenix Park. The 98s did not let us down and in a thrilling encounter with Good Counsel they came out winners on a score line of 4g 2p to 1g 8p. Huge credit to this team in particular who only progressed to division 1 this year.
And not to be out done, the Minor camogie team had a great win in the first round of the championship.
- Congratulations to the Clonkeen College hurlers who made history during the week by winning the Senior ‘A’ Colleges Shield for the first time. Cuala contributed 20 players of the 23 on the panel and they were Captained by Cuala Minor, Andrew Murphy. Full match report on Cuala Website https://cualagaa.ie/2013/10/clonkeen-college-hurlers-make-history-with-cuala-dominated-panel/
- Well done to the Senior footballers who progressed to the Senior B final with an extra time victory over St. Marys last weekend. The final this weekend has been postponed.
- Don’t forget about some of the upcoming social events in the coming week. There will be a Halloween Ceili in the club on Saturday, October 26th and a Murder Mystery night on November 2nd, sandwiching a first year social in the club for which adult volunteers are required on November 1st. Who ever though sport was just about what happens on the field of play?
- Following stunning performances in Vegas, the Kremlin and the Bernabéu, Aisling and David, stars of Michael Flatley’s Lord of the Dance, are now coming to the Cuala Hall. The Cabe Academy of Irish Dance is starting classes this week – every Thursdays at 4:30 p.m. and you can enrol on-line now. Details on the Cuala site
- Good luck to Paul McAdam who goes to spread the Cuala gospel down under. Go n-éirí on bóthar leat.
All for this week