Hello Cuala Patrons
The weather may be turning colder but things are hotting up for several teams over the coming weeks:
- Uair an Chlub: Acadamh Cuala has designated 9.00 – 10.00 pm on the third Saturday of each month Club Hour. We’re inviting Academy parents to come down to the Cuala bar and meet and chat. All other club members are welcome to come along as well, of course. Our first Club Hour will be on Saturday 19th October. All nice people are welcome to join us.
Crannchur na Nollag: We’re running a Christmas Raffle this year, as our main fundraiser. Tickets will go on sale from Saturday 16th November. Prizes ‘go leor’ are promised. It sound like just the ticket.
We would like to recruit more players, girls especially, 2008 girls even more especially. If you know of any one who might like to play please invite them down on Saturday morning, buachaillí at 9.00 am and cailíní at 11.00 am.
Céilí na Samhna. Tá Cailíní 2004 ag eagrú Céilí Clainne ar an Satharn 26 Deireadh Fómhair. The Family Céilí na Samhna 7.00 – 9.00 pm promises to be a fun occasion for young and old. Get your costumes ready. Prizes for worst dressed.
- After 12 months of intense skill training Cuala 2007 Boys made their competitive blitz debut on Saturday. 75 ‘boys’ travelled up to Kilmacud to take on both Crokes Football and Hurling squads in a marathon back to back blitz. Our boys got stuck in from the first whistle, showcased all their skills and left nothing behind on the pitch to grab an even share of the spoils against our friendly rivals. Lots of areas to improve on before the forthcoming visit of Ballinteer St John but overall Well Done Boys! Cuala’s future looks bright!
- Saturday the Under 12 girls (2001s) had two Camogie teams playing away to Ballyboden. They performed excellently, winning both matches. On Sunday the same girls had two Football teams playing away to Foxrock Cabinteely and again the girls played excellently and won.
- It was a ‘Super Sunday’ morning in Meadow Vale last weekend – in glorious sunshine there were back to back championship and shield wins for our under 13 (2000s), minor and under 15(1998) camogie teams. Minor final is this weekend with details next week on the under 13s and 15s finals.
- Cuala 2002 boys enjoyed a Fun & Fitness Hike in glorious Autumn sunshine, to Paddock Hill above Laragh, on Sat Oct 5th.24 boys from across all four ’02 teams, along with 9 very helpful parents, joined the fun on the trail including a campfire to cook sausages and toast marshmallows.Great exercise off the pitch and good for team building, morale and most important of all, making friends and having fun!. Check out the photos here:https://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/2002SPaddockHillHike
- Saturday afternoon in Thomastown sees a feast of hurling starting with our under 14As (1999s) rounding off their league campaign against Whitehall in a year that saw them retain their division 1 status. This is followed by the under 13As(2000s) playing Raheny – a win would secure the Division 2 league title for the Cuala lads. With promotion back to Division 1 already secured, this means Cuala will have Division 1 hurling at under 14, 15 and 16 age groups next year.
- The U15B hurlers are in the Championship final on Sunday vs St.Peregrine in Thomastown at 11:30am. Check out the write up is on the website. All support is welcome.
- The best of luck to the Minor Ladies teams who have a very busy weekend ahead. On Saturday they play St Pats, Donabate away in the semifinal of the football Championship at 5pm.Then on Sunday the Minor Ladies Camogie team take on Lucan Sarsfield in the Minor Development Cup final. the match is set for 12.30 in Trinity Gaels.All support is welcome. We wish them and their mentors all the very best of luck.
- Its crunch time for the Minor hurlers in the hurling Championship. The As take on NaFianna in a must-win affair in Mobhi Road at 11:00 while the Bs face the same opposition in Shankill at 11am. So far both minor football teams have qualified for the quarter finals so lets hope the hurlers can emulate that achievement. Good luck to both teams .
- Junior hurlers are playing quarter tr final of championship on Sunday v competition favourites Castleknock. Despite a disappointing season so far Cuala are not without hope considering some key players are back in the fray. Game is on at 11 in Somerton Park in Castleknock. Anybody not travelling to the big minor hurling game is welcome for support.
- Lastly a small piece of jewellery was found in Stepaside car-park last Tuesday. If you are missing something let me know.
All for this week