Hello Cuala Patrons
What marvelous exhibitions of games we had in Croke Park last weekend, on Saturday in the Hurling Final and on Sunday in the Ladies Football All Ireland Finals:
- A hectic morning of Camogie on Sunday at Meadow Vale with three championship / shield semi finals. First up are the Under 13s (2000s) at 10am, then its the minors(96/97s) at 11:15 and finally the Under 15s (1998s) at 1pm. All support very welcome – come along and see the future of Cuala camogie!
- Some notes from the Academy:
- Tá na buachaillí agus na cailíní nua – a rugadh i 2008 – tar éís tosú linn anois. Both our new groups have settled down and are running their own affairs now, with lots of support. We are open to new players – boys and girls – in all our years 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 and would be particularly keen to see more 2008 girls.
- Beidh Céilí na Samhna againn ar an Satharn 26 Deireadh Fómhair. Our Halloween Family Céilí on Saturday 26th October 7-9 pm promises to out-do the success of the St. Patrick’s Day Céilí. After Clare’s gear win Ionsaí na hInse/ The Siege of Ennis will be danced with great gusto. Refreshment will also be provided.
- Ba bhreá linn cabhar a fháil leis an traenáil. We’d love to keep any teenagers – who may have some down time from games over the winter months – gainfully busy helping out with the coaching on Saturday morning with the boys 9.00 – 10.15 am or with the girls 11.00 – 12.15 or on Wednesdays 6-7. Call Colmán 087-9453309 or Ken Fiitz 087-6830296 or just turn up.
- Táimid chun tabhairt faoin athchúrsáil arís. We’re going to start up our recycling initiative again. If you have any boots, helmets, hurleys or Cuala gear that is too small for your own use you can pass it on to Colmán or Ken and we’ll find a happy home for it.
- Both Minor hurling teams were beaten last week in the Championship. The As went down to a very-much-up-for-it Ballyboden team. The Bs went down to a strong O’Tooles outfit. With one game to play, its all in the mixer! The Minor A footballers will look to top the group this Sunday in their last group game vs Lucan – 11am Shankil. The Bs have a walkover and are through to the next round.
- Hard luck to the Senior hurlers who lost to Lucan last Sunday in the Championship. In a cruel twist of fate, all 4 teams in the group finished on the same number of points so qualification was based on points difference and our lads lost out.
- The introduction of voluntary staff to the Cuala Bar has been a huge success over the last couple of years and thanks very much to all those who have helped during this time. We now require more people to help out. If you can work in the Cuala bar from 8.30 to closing time for one night, Monday to Friday once every 6 weeks please e-mail email@example.com. Your help would be much appreciated.
- Johnstown Boys School are holding a fundraising “Style Night” on October 24th in the Killiney Castle. You can find details here: style poster final
All for this week