Hello Cuala Patrons
A week is a long time in politics and in sport too. Congratulation to the Dubs and to Mayo too who provided us with some wonderful football entertainment over the summer:
- Congratulations to Mick Fitzsimons on collecting his second senior All-Ireland medal. Recovering from injury earlier this year and getting a place in that panel was an achievement in itself.
- Well done also to all who organised the Cuala Corporate Lunch, it was a resounding success. Des Cahill kicked of a somewhat busy weekend for him, in flying form! Thanks to all who supported too.
- Senior Hurlers start their 2013 championship action versus Lucan Sarsfields in O’Toole Park on Sunday 29th September at 4:00pm start. After a great 2012 season, we wish them the best for the 2013 campaign. All support welcome.
- On Saturday the Under 12 girls (2001s) had two Camogie teams playing away to Castleknock. They performed excellently, winning both matches to stay in second place in Division 1 two points behind Lucan Sarsfields.
- Hard luck to the U15 A and B Footballers who went out of the A and C Championships on Sunday morning. It has been a strong finish to the season though for both sides and with only one more league game to go, thoughts are already turning to a fresh go at U16 level next year.
- Several age groups have adopted the policy of delegating Speed & Strength/Core training to specific parents/coachs who don’t either get fully involved in skill coaching, are willing to help but not currently helping or have an interest in this area. So in preparation for winter training and to help groups with Speed/Strength and Core we are holding two workshops. Please identify parents and coaches in your section who can attend:
1. For U13/15 Boys & Girls from 9 to 10.15 in Cuala on 1st October;
2. For U10/12 Boys & Girls from 9.10.15 in Cuala on 8th October
- The screening of the Football All Ireland in Cuala on the massive 16ft x 9ft screen was a huge success. Many thanks to Lorainne Hayes and Adrian Dunne for organising. You may not have seen it – but Adrian rigged a contraption to raise that screen that the great Isambard Brunel (not a Cuala man!) would have been proud of. Check out the photos in the Cuala Gallery https://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/AllIrelandFinal2013InCuala03# to see if you can spot your face in the crowd.
- The Hurling All Ireland replay will be screened live in the Cuala Bar this Saturday. Bar area is open from 4pm. No big screens this time so best seats for those who arrive early!
- A great night was had by all those who turned out last Saturday night in Cuala to celebrate 25 years since Cuala competed in the Junior and Senior football championship final of 1988. Over 35 of the players in the 2 panels were in attendances including mentors Pete Dunne Nick Quill Shay Carroll and Paul “Chinky” Keogh. A few speeches were made with contributions from Mikey Sheanon Pete Dunne and Tommy Johnson. Mick “Muckser” Murray was a special guest and it was great to see him in fine fettle after his recent illness. A special word of thanks from all those present to Adrian Dunne (he was everywhere last week!) who rounded up all the players and organized the whole event.
- Both Minor Hurling Teams want to continue their 100% run next Sunday and are in Championship action in Shankill Sunday Morning. The A’s play Ballyboden St. Endas and the B’s play O’Tooles both matches throw in at 11am.
- The men from the West need a break! So we are going to plug some of our stalwart supporter of the corporate lunch. If you are an exiled Rossy living in Dublin, the Roscommon GAA Supporters Club will hold a Table Quiz on Thursday 17th October, commencing 8.00p.m in Na Fianna club, Mobhi Rd, Glasnevin. Teams of 4 – €40 per team. Individuals €10 who will be formed into teams on the night. Prizes Galore!
Enjoy the games