https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-09-12 22:37:322013-09-12 22:37:32Cuala Weekly News
All for this week
Hello Cuala Patrons
An All Ireland final that brought out the defibrillators and all to be done again. And excitement building for the football final Sunday week!
- On Saturday the Under 12 girls (2001s) had two Camogie teams playing at home to Raheny. They performed excellently, winning both matches to stay in second place in Division 1 two points behind Lucan. On Sunday the same girls had two Football teams playing away to Na Fianna and again the girls played excellently and won both matches.
- This weekend our Under 13 (2000s) footballers take part in the annual Austin Stacks tournament in Tralee. This tournament sees clubs from all over Ireland take part in a 2-day festival of football. The Cuala lads are in a group with no less than An Gaelteacht and Austin Stacks from Kerry and Na Piarsaigh from Cork. Win, lose or draw it promises to be a great weekend for the 2000s lads and we are sure they will represent the club with pride and enjoy the experience.
- Well done to the minor ladies football team who had a great win against Na Fianna in the championship on Monday in mobhi rd. their next match is on the coming Monday against Naomh Perigrines. Best of luck to the girls.
- The U15A footballers fought out a thrilling draw (after extra time) with table topping Ballinteer St Johns in the A Championship and the B’s were granted a bye to the quarter finals of the C Championship. The two Hurling sides at U15 are in Shield semi final action next weekend against Ballyboden in the A and Naomh Mearnog in the B.
- The Minor footballers had great wins in their Championship openers with the As beating tournament favourites Na Fianna and the Bs comprehensively beating Whitehall. This weekend sees the Minor Hurlers in action with the As away against the Whitehall and the Bs away to St.Vincents.
- Get ready for the Cuala Halloween Family Céilí – Céilí na Samhna. It will be run along the same lines as the popular St. Patrick’s Day Céilí. Set Saturday 26th October aside. Start practising your Fallaí Luimní and Ionsaí na hInse. Beidh duaiseanna go leor á dtabhairt amach ar an oíche.
- Thanks and well done to all concerned in reaching the Final of the Killmacud Crokes 7s (2013) especially the 10 players who represented Cuala on the day: Cian Waldron, Paul Schutte, Mark Schutte, Oisin Gough, Jack Phelan, Scott O’Brien, Ross Tierney, David Treacy, John Sheanon, Simon Timlin. Well done to Ballyboden who became the first Dublin winners of the 7?s competition.
- The Senior Hurling championship starts with Cuala v Lucan Sarsfields now fixed for Sunday 29th time tbc.
- Both minor and Senior sections are running a Last Man Standing Competition for the English Premiership soccer games. Please support and its a great bit of fun. Give it a go.
- The adult footballers have created a text messaging service to provide Cuala supporters with details of minor, U21 and adult football games. This will include a pre-match text informing each supporter of the location and time of upcoming matches and a post match text with the result. This service is free of charge and open to all interested parties. If you would like to have your number added to the database, please text your full name to 0873909719.
- Lastly, unless you’ve been hiding in a cave , you will know The Annual Cuala All Ireland Lunch takes place at the Burlington Hotel from 1pm on Friday 20th. Details are all on the website and tables are going fast now that the Dubs have secured their place. Dont be disappointed!
All for this week