Hello Cuala Patrons
What a kick, what a game, what a day for the Dubs last Sunday in a nail-biter. And what an advertisement for Gaelic football. Heartiest congratulations to Mick Fitzsimons and all the Dubs. That other Celtic Cross holder from Cuala ,Mick Holden, would have been proud! And lets not forget what a great game the Kerry lads played.
- Mick was one of Dublin’s stars on Sunday, keeping one of the best forward players ever, Colm Cooper, quiet for the afternoon. This was recognised on the Sunday game where he was considered for team of the year. Adding to his junior All-Ireland, he is the first man to bring home a Senior all Ireland medal to the club since the late great Mick Holden, and is guaranteed a hero’s welcome on his return.
- Well done to Seamus Coyle, Peadar McAdam, Ken O’Sullivan and Adrian Dunne all those involved in the management and distribution of the club’s ticket allocation for the big game, allowing so many members to be there.
- A huge thanks to the companies and individuals who made up the 500 that packed the Burlington on Friday for the Cuala Corporate Lunch. A great day and a special word for Des Cahill who kept things moving along with special guests Tony Hanahoe, Paddy Cullen, Mick Spillane, Daragh O’Sé and Niall Quinn. Its not often you can stand in O’Briens of Leeson street listening to Quinny, Nicky English and Daragh O Sé debating the merit of various sports and players. O.k most of it was over my head – (have you ever stood next to Quinny?).
- Cuala’s first Youth Cáfe which will provide an opportunity for young people age 16 to 18 yrs to socialise. The Coaching Department is looking if anyone could donate a coffee machine suitable for the bar that will dispense Coffees, Cappuccinos, Lattes etc. Perhaps someone in the retail trade could source or could advise. If you are successful with this we’ll give you your coffees in the new venture free!
- Well done to the U14 A Hurlers who recorded a 3-9 to 1-5 victory at Thomastown over St Vincents on Saturday. Hard luck to the U15 A Hurlers who went down in extra time, by only three points, to a strong Ballyboden team in a high scoring quarter final in the A Championship. Great displays by Jake Malone, Donal Lane, Dáithí O Murchú,Shane Murphy and Dara Twomey who banged in 1-2.
- Congratulations to the U10 girls who beat Faughs in a Camogie blitz at Tymon Park on Sunday morning, earning rave reviews for their skill and tenacity.
- Good luck to the U9 hurlers who will be playing in their County Blitz next Saturday.
- Well done to Lorraine Hayes and all the volunteers for organising the Big Screen in the Hall, for the many families who couldn’t make it to Croke Park for the big Match. The Atmosphere was every bit as good as the Hill! Photos of Cuala on All Ireland Sunday here https://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/AllIrelandSundayInCuala#
- The U16A Hurlers finished their league campaign with a win over Kilmacud Crokes last Saturday and kept their 100% win record intact. They will face Crokes again in 2 weeks time in the opening round of the Hurling Championship. The U16B Hurlers had a good win away to Faughs. This weekend the U16A footballers are at home to Castleknock in the league while the B’s (currently top of their Division) are in the Under 16B Football League Final Cuala V St Vincents Saturday, both Shankill 3.30pm
- Cuala Senior hurlers are in championship next Saturday evening 5:45pm Parnell Park vs Lucan. All support welcome
- If anyone is interested in helping out the Adult section or helping one of the Adult teams for 2012 would they please drop Eddie Gough an email on email@example.com .
- Lastly, the Cuala Family Fun Day will be on Sunday 2nd October from 1-6pm in Hyde Rd. Details will be on the website shortly. You all know the drill, so volunteers please contact your section leads and lets make it another great day for Cuala.
All for this week, Slán go foill