Hello Cuala Patrons
I suppose once the kids went back to school I had no more excuses so here we go again. What a great summer!
- Juvenile section is eaing back gently. Well done to Gavin Hartnett from the U16 footballers who played corner back on the victorious Dublin U16 team that won the Gerry Reilly Memorial trophy in Oldcastle last weekend.This is the Leinster premier U16 football competition so well done Gavin.
- Good luck also to Dara Twomey and Jack Lahart who will be with the Dublin U16 hurling quad in the Arrabawn tournament in Tipperary this coming weekend.
- Big football Saturday night when the Cuala Junior A footballers take on St.Monicas in the Championship final in Parnell Park at 7:15. The Juniors have been flying, beating Templeogue by a single point, Craobh Ciaran in a nail-biter and seeing of Crokes with ease to reach the final. Big contrast in styles between a young Cuala team and a mature, physical outfit from St. Monica’s led by Dublin football legend Vinnie Murphy. Enda McGowan will hope to weave the magic one more time.Come and support – should be an enjoyable evening.
- Cuala Activation Returns, 8 weeks of fitness for only €50 registration and first class 7pm on 18th September 2013 in Cuala Social Centre. Full schedule will be published next week.Open to Non Members.Contact Nuala 0879766252 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cuala GAA are delighted to announce that the lead sponsor of this year’s golf outing in the Glen of the Downs on Thursday 29th August is “The Patton Flyer Cabs”.Everyone will have heard of the The Patton Flyer Coach Service from Dalkey to Dublin Airport.Pioneered by Trevor Patton,Trevor’s latest initiative ‘’The Patton Flyer Cabs’’ 01-2751888 is a modern, quality taxi service providing value to passengers locally and further afield. The winning team will be presented with a replica trophy of The Ryder Cup at the special dinner following the outing.
Sponsorship is absolutely key ingredient in the running of a club and the Cuala Senior Hurling are most grateful for this important sponsorship and wish The Patton Flyer Cabs every success.
- Speaking of which – the Cuala corporate lunch is coming up on Friday 20th September. This is a vital fund-raiser for the overall club. Why not get a group of friends, family, customer or employees out for a day of food and GAA banter wall-to-wall. Dessie Cahill does the hosting so craic is guaranteed and the quips will flow, usually at the expense of some unsuspecting guest speaker! Table sponsors needed and all support most welcome.
All for this week