https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2013-06-13 22:45:222013-06-13 22:45:22Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Now if I say so myself, there is usually no junk in this Newsletter. Well this week is different
- Where there is muck there’s money – right? So remember, its time to get cracking with cleaning out the attic, shed and under the stairs,in good time for the Recycling Day on Saturday June 22nd at Thomastown. This is an important fundraiser for the Juvenile Boys section with details on the website on what will be accepted – books, old mobile phones, textiles, shoes, soft toys, belts and more. What else would you be doing other than doing some clearing out, now the weather has broken ?
- The mini all irelands are almost here with action getting underway from Monday 17th June and all the finals from U6 to Gaelic4Mums and Gaelic4Dads on Saturday 22nd June.
- On Saturday the Under 12 girls (2001s) had two Camogie teams playing away to Kilmacud. They performed excellently, winning to stay on top of Division 1. On Sunday the same girls had two Football teams playing away again to Kilmacud and again the girls played excellently and won.
- Last Wednesday evening in Dalkey saw a cracker between Cuala and Kilmacud Crokes in Division 2 of the Senior Football League with Cuala running out victors on a score line of 3-11 to 0-11. Sweet!
- A brave performance by the Junior Hurlers last Sunday morning in going down to Scoil Ui Conaill 1-15 to 1-12. Minors Shane Murphy, Kevin Killion, Luc O’Giolláin and Eoghan O’Naoire didn’t look all out of place and Dave Moloney, Oisin Whelan Packie Holden and Colm Murphy were outstanding with the whole team anchored by Colmáin O’Drisceoil at full-back. The next game is at home against Faughs and here’s hoping that we can achieve a victory in this game. The team that started was S. Butler, K.Killion C. O’Drisceoill, J McCarthy, P Holden K O’Farrell DO Rourke, D Moloney O Whelan E O Naoire C Sheanon C. Murphy S Murphy N Carty O Dalton Subs L O Giollain for Dalton C Sheanon for S Murphy P. O’Donnell for J McCarthy R. Hayes.
- There is 6th class disco next Friday 21st June. Need all the usual helpers to make this a club success.
- Dún Laoghaire VEC Community Education Service in partnership with Cuala Sports and Social Integration Project is planning to deliver a new adult education programme to a group starting in September 2013. The programme is aimed at people who may have left school without completing upper second level education and wish to develop their skills.The classes will take place in the Cuala Centre in a relaxed and friendly environment starting in September 2013. On successful completion of the programme learners will gain a FETAC L3 minor award for each module in May 2014.
If you would like further information please contact Damian Byrne, Project Manager, Cuala Sports and Social Integration Project on 086-6040998 or email@example.com
- Full marks to Dylan Kennedy who raced across the county after his Senior Hurling match, to aid his teammates in the 3rd Hurlers in a friendly fixture against a full strength Whitehall last Sunday. His clean sheet kept the ‘Defiant’ Div. 7 side to within a 3 point margin. When the goin’ gets tough….
- Good luck to our Dublin lads in action again this Saturday evening vs Wexford in Parnell Park. A big home support would be a big help.
All for this week