https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2013-05-23 23:00:262014-02-15 23:55:41Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Busy wouldn’t describe it this week – with more mid-week matches than you can shake a stick at:
- Well done to the 1998 Girls who secured the Dublin U15 Division 2 Ladies Football League Title on Saturday with their 9th straight win – this time over St Sylvesters away in Malahide. The girls seek the clean sweep of 10 out of 10 with their final league game v St Maurs in Meadow Vale at 1:30 Saturday.
- It’s all go for the Ladies section at the moment with the seniors recording a 3-06 to 0-14 Championship win at St Peregrines last Wednesday and Martha Byrne and Shannon Huggard representing the club with the Dublin U21’s in their 1-19 to 0-13 Championship win over Wexford.
- Cuala played host to the Dublin Feile na Gael tournament over the weekend and thanks to all those who played their part either on the sidelines, in the kitchens or on the pitch. The As were in a tough group with Crokes, Na Fianna and Whitehall and did not progress. But there was some great action with the Cuala B team progressing from their group with victories over Star of Erin and St Sylvesters, both A teams in their clubs.
Craobh Chiarain’s A Team topped the group meaning a trip across the city and county to Skerries Harps but the final was not to be. Nevertheless this was a fine performance from a great group of lads who will doubtless kick on from here. Credit to Eamon McGuirke and the management team.
- Well done to Colm Cronin (last year’s Dublin Minor Hurling mid-fielder) and and Jack Hartnett (U15) who were named as the two All Star Midfielders in the Colaiste Eoin Annual Football Awards this week.
- Good performance by under 16A footballers against the all-conquering Ballymun Kickhams team. The lads lost out on a score line of 3-10 to 1-7. Ballymun scored 3-1 in the last 10 minutes to put a gloss on the score board. Great team performance by all.
- Minors As and Bs shared a rather special moment last Sunday winning both of their hurling eague games side-by-side in Shankill. Division 1 game sparkled with the exploits of Con O’Callaghan and Sean Treacy where as the Bs had Matty Higgins and Cillian Bass in flying form.
- The Senior Hurling Team came out on top in the latest round of the AHL Division 1 against Crumlin in Shankill on Wednesday night. Playing against a strong wind Cuala trailed 0-5 to 1-10 at half time. A spirited second half performance saw our lads score 1-11 to win the tie 1-16 to 1-14. Scorers in chief for Cuala were Barry Connolly with 0-7, before having to retire injured in the second half, and Brian Fitzgerald who scored 1-2 in a critical period midway during the second half. Others to do well on the night were Bobby Browne, Adam Hudson, Simon Timlin, Scott O’Brien and Shane Walsh, who played in the unfamiliar position of centre forward. Cuala play Ballyboden St. Endas away in Pairc Ui Mhurchu this Saturday evening at 6.30pm.
- The Cuala Socials return next Friday 31st May. As usual we need help from a few adult volunteers to run. Please let me know here if you can help. Thanks
- We still need some adult volunteers to help man the water stations for the Ladies Mini Marathon on Monday 3rd June. Could you let myself or Damien Byrne know if you can help. We need one adult for every 10 youngsters.
All for this week