Hello Cuala Patrons,
Its Feile Hurling this weekend – so need to once again mobilise the troops, the teapots and the transport. You might need the brolly and blankets as well.
- The U14B’s are hosting their Feile group at Thomastown on Saturday morning and it would be great to get a big turn out for the lads and their mentors. The A’s play in a tough group at Silverpark but will go into it buoyed by a league win on Saturday against Kilmacud. All support is welcome up the road for this latest under age adventure. Games likely to throw in at 10-30, 11-30 and 12-30 and then fingers crossed?
- Registration takes place this Wednesday and Saturday for the Academy Mini All Ireland. Time to get the next generation of superstars dressed up in the gear and into that all important Match Programme, so dont forget!
- Congratulations to the Cuala Minor camogie team who secured runners up spot in the Dublin Minor Development League at the weekend. Although beaten in their final game last Sunday away to Naomh Mearnog, a five game winning streak prior to this secured second place in the league for the Cuala girls. It was a great achievement in this, the girls first year at minor and being the first minor camogie team to represent the club. Well done to all concerned.
- Under 16 footballers were beaten in their Division One match by Fingallians on a 2-6 to 0-8 scoreline on Tuesday. Given the awful conditions it was a great game of football and Fingallians deserved to win. Good performances by Niall O’Callaghan, Dara Twomey and Justin Byrne in particular. It’s a difficult time of year to get teams together with Junior Cert etc and so our thanks to Seanie McMahon of the u15s for his co operation and assistance in providing us with 2 of his players.
- Minor A footballers beat Naomh Mearnog in a good game to continue their fine run. Minor B’s narrowly beaten by St.Finnians but improving with each game. Both Minor hurling teams in Shankill on Sunday morning if you fancy a double-header.
- Ladies Footballers had a first league win on Wednesday last against St. Peregrines. I dont know much of the details but by the looks of satisfaction and happy chatter afterwards, it looked and sounded like an All Ireland win. Well done girls.
- Its nearly June so that means the ladies mini marathon is here. It will take place on Mon 3rd June and Cuala will be manning the water station at the RDS. We are looking for 10 from each team: Minors / Under 16s / Under 15s / Under 14s / Under 13s and the Ladies and Girls section. We also need 2 adults per team, so all please start to make yourself known to Damien Byrne or myself if you can help.
- Senior Hurlers had a hard won draw against O’Toole’s this evening. Having stalled in the first half with O’Tooles cracking over points, Cuala did most of the running in the second half. Leading down the straight, Cuala looked like they had done enough but O’Toole’s clung in there to get parity in the end. Probably a fair result.
- Good luck to minor Donal Lane and the lads from Oatlands heading out to do charity work in Zambia.
All for this week – see you on the pitches.