https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Cuala Webmaster2013-05-09 21:55:102014-02-15 23:55:41Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Lots of action at all levels this week and one great Féile adventure already behind us:
- The u14 girls are back on their winning ways. A mighty trip out to Garristown last Friday night yielded a great win for the girls and places them second on the league table. The girls play Naomh Barrog in Meadowvale on Friday at 7.30pm and would love to see you there.
- A busy week just gone for the 1998 girls (Under 15s). Two football victories over Ballyboden and St Sylvesters saw the girls finish the 7 regulation league games in Division 2 unbeaten. The top four games take place over the coming weeks with Ballinteer first up on Saturday in Marlay Park. The 98s then played out a tight Division 1 camogie game against St Oliver Plunketts on Wednesday night but lost out narrowly in the end. Last regulation league game is on Sunday morning against St Judes.
- The U14 boys gave us all a great weekend getting to the Féile Final on Sunday. In glorious sunshine, they were playing in the wide open spaces of Parnell Park. From the section that gave us Strictly Not Dancing we saw Strictly Not Surrendering and the lads gave it absolutely everything. But it was a bridge too far against a strong Naomh Mearnog side who took some lovely points. Well done to players, parents and to the Mentors who have steered the ship.
- Monday night was the Minor girl’s last league match and it was certainly one to remember. The girls took on Naomh Maur’s in Rush who were 2nd in the league. The home team got off to a much better start than us and at half time we trailed 2-4 to 1 point. This was definitely a game of 2 halves and the second half was all Cuala. The girls put in the most spirited game of the season against a very physical team. In the end we lost by 3 points with all the play in the Maur’s half for the last 10 minutes. The mentors are so proud of the girls spirit and team effort and on behalf of them all we would like to say thank you and a big well done to all the girls. Everyone of them played their hearts out.
- Best wishes to Ciara McKeown who is on the Dublin panel for this years U16 Leinster Football Final on Sunday. It’s a great achievement and honour for the club to have a representative involved and we wish her well on behalf of all her football and camogie team mates and mentors.
- U16 A footballers had a good win in the Shield semi final against a determined St Vincents by a single point and now play Fingallians in the final. Good performances by Peter McKeown and Cian Ushioda.
- Con O’Callaghan and Sean Treacy had stormers for the Dublin Minor Hurlers beating Offaly in the Leinster MHC. Andy Murphy and Jake Malone also played with Jack Behan on the bench. Martin Cahalane, Con and Cillian Sheanon are all out with the Dub Minors on Saturday in Parnell Park.
- Hard luck to the Senior footballers who lost last night against St. Vincents in the first round of the Championship. With a star-studded Vincents team full of inter-county and All-Ireland winners, it was always going to be a tough task. Read the match report here:
- Well done to our Senior Hurlers who beat Craobh Chiaráin last Saturday in the Senior Hurling Championship.
All for this week