https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2011-09-15 20:41:092013-02-14 13:07:05Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Big weekend – some say the biggest of the year, coming up. Good luck to Michael Fitzsimons and the the Dublin Footballers in their quest for Sam. Good luck also the minor footballers who face a fine Tipperary team in the minor final.
- Ba bhreá le Colmán Ó Drisceoil aon fhearas atá éirithe ró-bheag a fháil ó fhoirne chun dáileadh ar ghrúpaí san Acadamh. Colmán Ó Drisceoil would be delighted to get any gear – balls, bibs, etc – that teams may have outgrown to distribute among the Academy Groups.
- Our under 13 (1998) camogie team played Ballyhea of Cork in Thomastown on Sunday last as part of the Camogie “Club Twinning” initiative organised in conjunction with the All Ireland Camogie finals. The Ballyhea girls showed the benefit of their early start racing into a first half lead.The Cuala girls lifted their game after the break and with a great display of skill, hard work and determination, worked their way back into the game during a very entertaining second period. It was a great workout for the 98s who headed on to the camogie finals in Croke Pk afterwards. Thanks to all who helped in any way, especially in providing refreshments for both teams. Thanks also to the travelling Cork contingent and we hope our paths will cross again in the years to come.
- Well done to the U13A Footballers who travelled to Kerry last weekend and beat Salthill Knocknacarra, the Legion from Killarney and the host team Austin Stacks but went down to Na Piarsaigh of Cork in their semi final in a game that finished 15 hours after they had risen to begin their journey south. Well done and major thanks to all the young footballers who helped out on Saturday and made the trip possible. Well done also to the U13C footballers who had a great and well deserved win against Kimacud Crokes.
- Well done to the U14 A and B Footballers who recorded good away wins against Fingallians and Ballyboden St Enda’s on Saturday.
- Hard luck to the U15A footballers who went down to Ballyboden St Enda’s in their Championship clash and also to the Ladies Minor team who lost to the same opponents at Thomastown on Saturday, but will take comfort from having scored five goals on their Championship bow.
- Well done to all the Junior Certers, hope you are all happy with your results.
- For those who are not lucky enough to get tickets for Sunday All Ireland final, there will be a large screen in the hall thanks to the engineering skills of Adrian Dunne. Everyone welcome and no charge! Goody bags for the kids – the adults wont need the excitement.
- Cuala Corporate Lunch tomorrow Friday 16th will have the biggest attendance ever. It promises to be a cracking day. Well done to Des Cahill, Peadar McAdam, John Sheanon and the organising committee.
- Cuala is reviving its efforts to construct a free on-line Business Directory – Cuala ag Comhoibriu – to help Cuala Members to source suppliers among the Cuala community and to help Cuala business folk promote their services. Full details at https://cualagaa.ie/2011/08/cuala-ag-comhoibriu-business-directory/
- Remember the social puck-about I mentioned last week. Well had a request to see if anylads were interested in a social kick-about? Nothing stressful but a lot more interesting than staring a gym wall or doing yoga in leotards. Drop me a line here
All for this week. Best of luck to the Kingdom and the Dubs.
Slán go foill
Cuala Club Communications