Hello Cuala Patrons,
Once again the weather played havoc with our games last weekend and the one ahead doesn’t look much better. Check pitch openings on the councils website before you travel:
- Well done to our U13 and U14A hurlers who both had good wins on Saturday.
- Under 16 hurlers went down to Naomh Mearnog last Saturday in their First Division clash last Saturday. Under 16A footballers play Kilmacud in a local derby on Saturday in Shankill at 3.30pm. All support welcome.
- Cuala Minor B Footballers are at home on Sunday morning at 11am in Shankill while the A’s are away to St.Vincents at PNU.
- Well done to all who organised and attended the Cuala Ceilí in the Club on Sunday night. Its become a bit of an institution at this point.
- Don’t forget the Easter Camp this year. Details of registration and schedule are on the Cuala website.
- Our Senior Hurlers will bid to go one better in the Championship this year. The Group draw has been made and we are pitched in alongside Craobh Chiaran, O’Tooles and Lucan Sarsfields.
- The Senior Footballer are back in the top flight and face a Championship baptism of fire away to St Vincents. We’ll have details in time of when the Championship matches get under way. Bear in mind that 25 years ago Cuala beat Vincents in a first round shock and went all the way to the final.
- There is a new deal for members with Elvery’s in Dun Laoghaire. 10% off sporting goods if you produce your membership details.
- The Sports and Social Integration Project will shortly be commencing a pilot sports course within the club. As this is a pilot course it will be limited to 12 places. The course will commence on the 27th March and will be open to all members who are on the Under 16 teams upwards. It is proposed to hold the course between the times of 4.45pm to 6.30pm as to avoid clashing with school / training schedules etc. The course is designed to give young people, who may be interested in a career in sport, teaching or health, some understanding of what is involved in such a career path. The course will consists of the following modules – Foundation Course / Award 1 Child; Sports/Health Psychology; Planning a Training Session; Building Physical Skills; Group Dynamics / Challenging Behaviour; Sport Injuries / First Aid; Diet and Nutrition. Anyone interested then please contact Damian Byrne via e-mail: email@example.com
- If anyone is running a team or section and would like to become a (regular!) contributor to the Newsletter or the website please let me know here. We are only as good as the info we receive so provide and we will publish.
That’s it for this week