https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-04-25 21:45:532014-02-15 23:55:41Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
At last something resembling Spring weather has arrived and its full steam ahead for teams preparing for Championship action:
- The highlight of the year for the Academy is the Mini All Ireland. This will take place during the week of 17th June with the finals and parade through Dalkey on Saturday 22nd June. The Mini All Ireland is a fantastic event with lots of excitement for the kids and their parents. Registration for the Mini All Ireland will take place on Sat 11th,Wed 15th and Sat 18th May and costs €20 so make sure to put these dates in your diary. Early registration is advised to ensure participant names can appear in the official programme. The €20 fee covers the costs involved in staging the Mini All Ireland and each child will receive a t-shirt, trophy and food bag on the final day.
- The under 14 girl’s are back in Feile form this weekend but this time it’s camogie. They play a tough group in the early stages of the competition. First match is at 10.30am in Ballyboden. All support welcome. Keep an eye on the Cuala twitter account for updates throughout the day.
- Cormac Quinn and Emmet Murphy were part of the Dublin South Colleges team who beat St. Kierans of Kilkenny in leinster u14 hurling final by 9 points on Wednesday last in Athy. Cormac played excellent at wing back while Emmet came on corner forward and scored a goal. Are you watching Mr Daly?
- Calling all people who have played or been involved in Ladies sports and want to find out more about The Ladies Section in Cuala please join us on Wednesday May 1st at 8.30pm in The Clubhouse on Hyde Road. You will be amazed by how far we have come and here about our hopes for the future. If you want to see the Ladies in action come along a bit earlier for a home match for the Ladies Gaelic football team against Croi ro Naofa at 7.15pm.
- Congratulations also to the Minor Ladies footballers who recorded a good win over O’Dwyers in Balbriggan last week.
- Minor hurlers had a good win over St.Vincents last Sunday. The footballers face Lucan on Sunday away while the Minor B’s are at home to Syls at 10:30 in Shankill.
- Cuala shop has changed its opening hours for the summer to accomodate teams with early training session, we will now be open on Tuesday evenings from 8 to 9pm and Saturdays from 9 to 11.30am. We are looking at re-stocking the Leisurewear items in the Cuala shop and we hope to be able to give you details of our launch very soon. In the meantime, please drop down to the shop for your basic needs hurls, socks, shorts and much more.
- Well done to Ciara McKeown, Orlaith O’Sullivan, Caoimhe O’Carroll and Rebecca Beggins who all represented the club at Dublin level at the weekend.
- Adult hurlers have a few big games coming up:
- Senior Hurlers play Leinster League Semi Final vs Ballyboden in Pairc Ui Murchu 7pm tomorrow Friday 26th April. They will then have their Championship opener vs Craobh Chiaráin at 6pm on Saturday 4th May in O’Toole Park
- The Juniors As Championship opener vs Lucan Sarsfields Wed 1st May in Shankill, 7:15pm throw-in.
- 3rd Team are in Championship action on Tuesday 30th April 7:15pm Shankill.
- The Senior Footballers take on Fingallians in a League clash at Hyde Road at 6pm next Saturday. All support is welcome to cheer on the lads, especially from Juvenile groups who can see what they will have to look forward to in years to come.
- If anyone is aware of how the defibulator box in Shankill was damaged would they please contact Zita McDermott or Linda Farren so we can prevent it happening again. These things are too important to ignore so please respect them.