https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1.png Webmaster2013-02-21 23:40:332014-02-15 23:55:41Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Lots of dancing and great events coming your way over the next couple of weeks. Don’t miss out :
- Another draw for the under 16 A footballers against a physically stronger Ballyboden team last Saturday in Dalkey. Paddy Murray gave a great kicking display and notched up 4 top class points. A draw was a fair result in a contest that provided great entertainment for a large crowd.
- Minor footballers were also out last weekend but the As went down to a strong Ballyboden side while the Bs lost to Naomh Olaf.
- Senior footballers went down to St Annes on a 5-7 to 1-14 scoreline last Sunday in a cup game. John Sheanon turned in a tremendous second half performance. Seniors commence their league campaign on Sunday morning against Ballinteer St.Johns in Marley Park. All support welcome in what promises to be a watershed season.
- The M.Donnelly Interprovincial final is on in Croker on Sunday at 3:45pm with 6 Dubs represented on the Leinseter side who play Ulster. The game is proceeded by the Kenmare Shamrocks vs Ballinasloe Junior All Ireland football final at 2pm. All proceeds go to Crumlin Childrens Hospital, and with ticket prices just €10 for an adult and €5 for Juveniles, it’s a great family day out.
Tickets are available on the day at the ticket office opposite Gills Pub on the North Circular Road,
- An Internationally Recognised Master of Ceremonies,(well international cos his just been on holidays), a Seventeen Piece Band, Set Dancers, Renowned Singers, Champion Ballroom Dancers and 24 Hard Working Amateurs WannaBe’s and now a recognised “Legend of the Ball” (Room). Could it get any better? Well we think it can, all it needs now is for you to buy a ticket for the Biggest Fund Raiser Cuala has every staged, “NOT STRICTLY DANCING”. The curtain goes up at 8.00 pm on Saturday the 2nd March and believe you me you don’t want to miss this one. This is going to be like the Legendary Munster versus All Blacks match of 1978 were 150,000 people have said they were at it, you don’t want to be one of the 124,000 people who didn’t even have a ticket.
Tickets available from the redoubtable Gerry Byrne, 086 8241692 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- As some of you with 1st yrs/2nd yrs/3yrs kids would know, we’ve been running Cuala Socials in the Hall over the last few years. Mostly down to the energy and organisational skills of Lorraine Hayes and Zita McDermott, these have been an outstanding success, a great earner for the club and an enjoyable and safe way for kids to have fun. But – we need help. We need adult volunteers to run these. The next Cuala 1st year disco will be 5th April so if you have some time on Friday nights please help. Contact Zita on 087 22356577 if you can contribute.
- Dont forget the Adult fundraiser this Saturday night in the Hall – the Cuala Take Me Out . As it says on the Facebook page “Free up your calendar for the eagerly anticipated Cuala Take Me Out. Ten young studs will be taking to the stage to win a date with one of the gorgeous ladies. They will showcase their talents, and videos from friends and family will be shown. Hopefully this will impress the girls and with some luck they may bag a date to a local restaurant. ” As Miley would say “Holy God!”
All for this week!
Cuala Club Communications