https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2013-04-04 21:59:002014-02-15 23:55:40Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Clocks gone forward so we make a welcome return to grass surfaces this week. Now just need someone to turn on the heating:
- The U-9s (2004s) have been invited to bring 20 players to Croke Park this Thursday morning at 9 to play a hurling match in the “Play and Stay day” in Croke Park. Teams will be brought down to the dressing rooms (just to see what they are like). Then Teams will line up in the tunnel and run out onto the field in individual groups. Matches will be 40 minutes in duration (including half time). After the match teams and mentors will make their way to the Hogan Stand Presentation Area, where there will be opportunities for photos and we hope to have the Sam Maguire and Liam McCarthy cups in attendance.
Cuala will be playing Ballyboden St Endas. Looks like it will be a great day. Hopefully we’ll have pictures and a report updated to the website afterwards on Thursday.
- 99’s are hosting the U 14’s from Salthill in Galway in a friendly match in Dalkey this Sunday. Salthill U14’a are managed by Mick Culhane. Mick is an ex Cuala senior player who would have played with Mick Kirwan, Maurice O Callaghan and Brendan “Batty ” Ryan and others in the 80’s before moving down to Galway. Mick’s two sons will be playing for Salthill on Sunday following in the old mans footsteps.
- Following the weather interruptions during March and the Easter Break, the Juvenile Boys’ games programme now enters a hectic period with back matches and regular fixtures to be played. Its back into action for all of our teams this weekend with Saturday morning seeing home football fixtures for the Under 10s in Thomastown and the Under 11s and 12s in Shankill. There’s a feast of hurling for the older groups with the Under 13Bs and 14As in action in Thomastown on Saturday at 330 and the Under 15Bs and 15As at 1030 and 12 respectively at the same venue on Sunday morning. So please come out and support our younger teams whenever you can.
- Minor Hurlers are in Division 1 action against Whitehall in Belcamp while the B’s are in Division 3 action against Thomas Davis in Kiltipper Rd. Both games 11am on Sunday.
- Cuala Senior Hurlers are down to play Faughs in the AHL1 this weekend. Originally scheduled for Saturday, it looks like it is now on Sunday at 4pm in Tymon North.
That’s it for this week.