https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Webmaster2013-02-15 00:00:132014-02-15 23:55:40Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
If this is not the busiest club in the country then Kerry must be one of the highest scoring teams in the country…
- Well done to the Schutte brothers who brought home the first silverware of the new year helping Dublin to victory over Wexford in the final of the Walsh Cup last weekend.
- Congratulations to David Treacy and Oisin Gough who both shine in Fitzgibbon Cup action over the past week.
- Well done to the Senior Footballers who kicked off the new year with a three point victory over Balinteer St Johns on Sunday morning. Good to get the eye in early for a year when we return to top flight action. Word from the bench is that Luke Keating, Conor O’Brien, Niall Carty and Ryan Scollard in his senior debut were the stars.
- Excellent performance by Under 16 A footballers against Na Fianna in Glasnevin last Saturday in a 2-6 to 2-6 drawn match. Hard to single out players in a gutsy performance but mention must be made of Gavin Hartnett (no relation of this week’s editor) for a tremendous display of leadership and tenacity.
- Next Friday is the first Cuala Social of the year. 1st Years are already getting excited on Facebook about the night after St Valentines. We need plenty of helpers from those whose offspring have enjoyed the socials but now moved on. These nights are a great fundraiser and really good at building an affinity to the club away from the pitch as well as on it. Please contact email@example.com because it doesn’t always have to be somebody else.
- The Cuala Awards Night is on this Saturday February 16th. As you will all be aware last season was one of the best ever for our club.. We claimed titles at many age groups not least of which was the overwhelming success of our adult section. The function is on in Fitzpatrick’s Killiney Castle Hotel and it promises to be a great night. Ticket prices have been set at a very attractive €15 per person and are available from the club office throughout the week or via secretary.cuala.dublin@gaa.
- The following week is the Cuala Take me out fundraiser. You can check out all those who have made this a winner before the night by following the Cuala Facebook Page.
- Things are really heating up on the Not Strictly Dancing scene as Dance Practices are happening all this week. Donal Murphy is complaining about streaming among the Dancers, while Lorraine Hayes says that it is a piece of Cake. Physio’s are being brought in to keep the calf muscles subtle and sequins are being sown to dresses and that’s just the Lads. Damian Byrne is so laid back with his dancing that if he goes any further he will be horizontal. This really is one you won’t want to miss. Tickets available from Gerry Byrne or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- And as if that wasn’t enough we have the adult hurlers organising a club quiz night on Saturday March 9th. €40 for a table of four, 100 questions on every topic you can imagine and plenty of fun as well.
- There’s no Last Man Standing this week as it’s the FA Cup. Back again for the next devastating round on February 23rd.
- Gaelic for Mothers and Others will be resuming training 1st week of March, the aim is to provide mums and friends an opportunity to play Ladies Gaelic Football in a fun, non-competitive, social environment. As well as keeping fit and having a laugh, new members are very welcome, no experience necessary and no need to be a mum either ! For further information please contact Frances Burns on 087 9942389 or email email@example.com.
- We hope that Mick Spillane gave a good account of himself back at Croke Park today. I’ve already seen one shot doing the rounds of himself, Jack O’Shea, Mick O’Dwyer and Mick Galwey. Brothers in arms from a time when the Green and Gold were untouchable.
- And last but not least the Cuala Activation continues in the Hall on Wednesday and Friday. There’s a scribe in the camp as well though heaven knows where she hides her notebook. You can see her first report (no pictures) on the website.
Phew! That’s all folks….