https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_news-150x1501.jpg 150 150 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2013-02-07 22:47:382014-02-15 23:55:40Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Success on the pitch, recognition off it, dancing, dating and disco’s are all covered in this week’s news.
- Well done to our U14 Footballers who got to the final of the always excellent Mick O’Brien Memorial tournament at Nemo Rangers over the weekend. The lads came up against the hosts on Sunday but went down in the Final by 2-05 to 1-05, that despite a late barrage of pressure on the Nemo goal. Great preparation for the season.
- Congratulations also to our own dynasty of Paul and Mark Schutte who lined out for the Dublin Senior Hurlers and helped ensure a place in the Walsh Cup Final with an impressive 2-19 to 1-21 win over Galway.
- There is plenty to read about both those stories in this weekend’s Dun Laoghaire Gazette.
- The senior teams are shaking off the cobwebs and Cuala is in action this Sunday morning in the AIB Cup with an 11am throw in away to Balinteer.
- Next Friday is the first Cuala Social of the year. 1st Years are already getting excited on Facebook about the night after St Valentines. We need plenty of helpers from those whose offspring have enjoyed the socials but now moved on. These nights are a great fundraiser and really good at building an affinity to the club away from the pitch as well as on it. Please contact email@example.com because it doesn’t always have to be somebody else.
- The Cuala Awards Night is on Saturday February 16th. As you will all be aware last season was one of the best ever for our club.. We claimed titles at many age groups not least of which was the overwhelming success of our adult section. This year we are holding the function in Fitzpatrick’s Killiney Castle Hotel and it promises to be a great night. Ticket prices have been set at a very attractive €15 per person and are available from the club office from next Monday or via secretary.cuala.dublin@gaa.
- The following week is the Cuala Take me out fundraiser. You can check out all those who have made this a winner before the night by following the Cuala Facebook Page.
- After the smooth talking of that, there will be the smooth moves of the Cuala Strictly Dancers who continue to hone their flicks and kicks. There are opportunities to sponsor dancers, dancers and to come along on the night where there will be big band entertainment and lots of sequins. Tickets available from Gerry Byrne or e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gaelic for Mothers and Others will be resuming training 1st week of March, the aim is to provide mums and friends an opportunity to play Ladies Gaelic Football in a fun, non-competitive, social environment. As well as keeping fit and having a laugh, new members are very welcome, no experience necessary and no need to be a mum either ! For further information please contact Frances Burns on 087 9942389 or email email@example.com
- The work on the hall and club buildings is almost done with the floor looking a picture. Those who used to come when the hall was a boxing club back in the 70’s would not know the place.
- The Academy re-cycling initiative got off to a good start on Saturday with boots, hurleys and gear all coming in to clad the next generation. It’s a handy way to take the sting out of the expenses that we all have to bear at this time of year. The Cuala Recycling Centre – otherwise known as Ionad Athchúrsála Cuala – will be at IADT 10.15 – 10.45 am every Saturday over the coming weeks.
All for this week.