Hello Cuala Patrons,
Welcome back to this weeks Newsletter – All you need to know from Minor finals to fitness fiends; new floors to ballroom dancing and tickets to Croke Park and the Cuala Awards night.
- Most teams are still in pre season but the Minor Hurlers have a Division One League Final to get things off to a flying start. Let’s make it a big crowd to cheer the lads at Shankhill on Sunday. Throw in at 11am.
- Good luck to Paul and Mark Schutte who both start for the Dublin Senior Hurlers in the Walsh Cup quarter final against UCD at Parnell Park on Friday night at 7.30. The Footballers are in action at the same venue 24 hours later in the O’Byrne Cup Final.
- The Dublin Manager was in town last Saturday taking a session at IADT with the 2003 Boys and also spending time with the 2001 Girls. Everyone got a great buzz and Jim Gavin’s easy style and commitment to the future will have us all cheering even louder for the Dubs this year.
- There are special deals on Spring Series tickets for the games starting against Cork on February 2nd. See the website for details.
- We had a great crowd on Wednesday for the first instalment of CUALA ACTIVATION From Couch to Cuala. The great double team of Barbie and Ken took 40 Ladies and 2 brave Gentlemen through their paces. No pain, no gain and it will be worth it in the long run. Still room for the remaining seven and a half weeks of tor… terrific fun. Suitable for all ages and abilities, male and female Open to everyone. Contact : Nuala 087 9766252 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well done to all our players involved in Coláiste Eoin’s Leinster Football win against Newbridge on Wednesday.
- The Academy is starting off a small re-cycling initiative. If you have football boots, hurleys, helmets or Cuala gear that is too small we’ll take it and pass it on to someone who needs it. If you see something you need that we have in our recycling bag you are welcome to take it. Should you wish to make a €2 donation that, also, will be very welcome. The Cuala Recycling Centre – otherwise known as Ionad Athchúrsála Cuala – will be at IADT 10.15 – 10.45 am every Saturday.
- The Cuala Awards Night is on Saturday February 16th and details of tickets and all that stuff will be filtering through teams and on the website and social media over the coming days. With all that happened last year it promises to be a great night.
- The 1999 girls had a great night last Friday in the club. The girls were presented with their Camogie League and Championship medals and enjoyed pizzas, coke and other fizzy stuff! They are now working hard with Feile 2013 in mind, both on and off the pitch. Training has re-commenced and the fundraising kicks off this weekend. Watch out for them at the Caula academy; give them a cheery hello and support their fundraising initiatives.
- Speaking of Fundraising our intrepid dance troupe are fiddling with their foxtrots, souping up their salsa’s and jumping to the jive. Strictly Come Dancing – Coming to Cuala in March… Keep Dancing!
- Next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there will be no entrance to the Lobby, Bar and Gym as we put down new flooring. The following Thursday (31st), Friday, Monday and Tuesday the Hall will be out of bounds as the work to complete the flooring is undertaken. Thanks for your patience.
- Don’t forget club registration and that you can now do it all online. See website for details.
Phew! What’ll it be like when all of our teams start back into matches! Don’t forget to cheer on the Minors on Sunday and have a great weekend.