Hello Cuala Patrons
The year is nearly done, hard to believe. And what a year it has been too. This will be the last Newsletter for 2012 but we will be back in January 2013. From 2013, there will be new editors too so a promising year ahead. O.k now for the news:
- Hard luck to our u14 camogie girls who lost out to Plunketts in their league playoff last Saturday week. A long season ends with second place in Division 2 League as well as the earlier camogie Championship title and a football championship runners up spot. The Girls Feile group – players and mentors – would like to thank everyone in the club who helped make their Feile year such a special and memorable one.
- Hard luck also to the Minor footballers who were beaten by Kilmacud Crokes on Sunday last. No disputing the result, Crokes were a slicker outfit and injuries to key players did not help our cause. Don’t forget that the Minor Hurling Semi FInal v Na Fianna is in SHankill at 11 on Sunday; We need all the support we can get so get yourself out for one last twist in 2012.
- Cuala Shop re-opens in Hyde Road this Saturday morning from 9.00am until 11.30am.Get all your last minute bargain buys for the Cuala player and member in need of Cuala kit, balls, hurls etc. Also just become available the jackets worn by the senior and minor championship teams to some great victories. So if you want to look like your club hero’s come along and get one while stock lasts.
- On this Saturday night, the 15th, the coaches, mentors and parents of the Juvenile Boys, Juvenile Girls and Minor sections will be gathering for an informal drink, or three, in the Cuala bar from 8pm to mark the festive season. All are welcome and all musicians and singers are asked to come well prepared for action. We’d love to see a big crowd there to bring another busy year to a close.
- The Coaching Department will host the annual club coaching conference in January.Details here conference flyer 2013.
- Anyone for Seasonal madness ? The usual Married vs Singles tomfoolery will be on again this year. See the flyer below. If you want to shed some pounds or euros, ham or hamstrings, come along for a laugh. 28th December – Hyde Rd, 1pm ish. See the flyer here Married v Singles 2012
That it for this newsletter and this year. I wish you a very happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year