Hello Cuala Patrons
Its nearly the festive season but our minors got an early Christmas present and are still very much in contention for honours, so don’t put the feet up just yet:
- The Cuala Academy Christmas Party is on Saturday December 15th. Helpers are required. Please contact the people in charge of each of the teams to put yourself forward.
- The under 14 camogie team play their last match of the season in Hyde Road on Saturday at 2pm. And what a cracker it promises to be. The girls play Oliver Plunketts in a game that will decide the winners of the league. You may recall that our Cuala girls beat Plunketts in the Championship final a few weeks ago so no doubt they are out for revenge this week. The teams have met 4 times this season with the honours equally divided between them. Who’s going to win this one? We hope it’s Cuala. Come along and cheer them on on Saturday.
- Congratulations to our U14 A hurlers who won promotion back to Division One after a cracking playoff against Lucan Sarsfields.
- This weeks Minor Championship A Quarter Final between Cuala and Kilmacud Crokes was cancelled because the pitches were unplayable. However, the lads got together for a kickabout and a photo shoot to show off their new tops that were presented to the lads by Brian Cahalin of Appian asset management. The Minor’s next outing (pitches permitting) is next Sunday at 11 in Shankill against St Brigids in the A Hurling Championship.
- Following the GAA’s Annual Congress in April 2012 a new rule was enacted that made it mandatory to use a mouthguard in all Gaelic football matches and training sessions from January 1st 2013 (for all age grades up to and including minor) and at U21 and Adult level from January 1st 2014.
Dalkey Dental Clinic are offering custom made gum-shields for €35. If enough people are interested, we can hold a session in the club one evening over the coming weeks.Please let me know here.
- Congratulations to club member Sheila Wallace who received a Hall Of Fame Award from the Dublin Camogie Board in recognition of a lifetime’s contribution to camogie. Sheila has been a member of Cuala for a long number of years, winning senior League and championship honours with the club. She also captained the Dublin senior team winning National League and Interprovincial honours.Also receiving a Hall of Fame with Sheila was Phyllis Breslin who was a frequent visitor to the club especially when she was Uachtarán of the Camogie Association. Both ladies are very worthy receipiantsof these awards.
- The Club AGM will be held on Thursday 6th December. Motions, Nominations and Agenda for the Club AGM have now been published here. See https://cualagaa.ie/coiste/agm/
All for this week. We hope to see you all on the AGM night.