https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2012-11-15 23:16:272014-02-16 00:20:53Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
The AGM season is in full swing, Juvenile Boys tonight-15th November, Adult hurlers on Sunday 18th(7pm Killiney Castle), Minors Monday (19th – 8pm), Adult Games (Wednesday 21st 8:30pm). While there are ongoing renovations in Cuala keep an eye out for details on venues. Members should also have received postal notification of the Club AGM on 6th December(7:30pm – Cuala).
- What a weekend it was for our Camogie teams with not one, not two but three titles secured over Saturday and Sunday. First up was the U14’s who landed the Division 2 Championship final against a strong Oliver Plunketts side on Saturday. That was quickly followed by the U16’s confirming their Division 3 League title. This team have been playing together since they were u11 and this was their first league title. Persistence certainly pays! Incidentally they are also the first team to “graduate” from the Juvenile Girls section; we wish them continued success. Then on Sunday morning the U13’s completed a magical hat trick by beating Ballyboden to secure their league title. Brilliant stuff from a very dedicated group of teams.
- Good luck to the U14A Hurlers who have a promotion playoff against Lucan on Saturday afternoon at Thomastown in their bid to reclaim top flight status.
- The Minor A footballers had a narrow win over St Judes last weekend. This saw them finish 2nd in their group and now progress to play Kilmacud Crokes in the Quarter Final of the Championship. This weekend it’s the Minor A Hurlers turn to play St Judes in group stage of the Hurling Championship. The Match is in Tymon Pk at 11 on Sunday morning. The B Hurlers face St Peregrines in the Quarter Final of their Championship in Shankill on Sunday morning at 11. All Support Welcome!
- All roads lead to Conleth Park, Newbridge this Sunday at 2.00pm when the Senior Footballers attempt to secure a place in the Leinster Intermediate Football Championship Final. Just in case you have been reading some other newsletter, the team have already defeated St Mary’s of Longford (0-11 to 0-07) and Avondale of Wicklow (3-21 to 0-05) on their route to the semi final and the Kildare Champions, Monasterevin, now stand in their way to reaching the final. This will be their toughest test to date after a strong Monasterevin team also had a comprehensive win over the Carlow Champions, (2-09 to 0-03) in the last round leaving them coming into this match full of confidence on their home patch. All members of Cuala and inhabitants of the borough are encouraged to make the short trip down to Newbridge this Sunday and support our Senior Footballers on a historic day.
- In case you are stuck for Christmas presents, it will be mandatory to use a mouth-guard in all football matches and training sessions from January 1st 2013 (for all age grades up to and including minor) and at U21 and Adult level from January 1st 2014. No more mouthing off to the referees then!
- Sunday nights CPR and use of defib course is cancelled …. Only one person wants to do course! Folks we should be doing a bit better than this. It’s all very well until we need to use (either within or outside the club). Now’s your chance.
- Our Web site suffered two outages earlier in the week. Apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced. Our Webmasters are still investigating the cause but have already ruled out Ash Die Back disease. But they tell me they are pursuing a definite line of inquiry focusing on Games News Die Back Syndrome – so a reminder if your team or section have news they want featured on the website – contact your local Games Section Web Publisher.
All for this week
Cuala Club Communications