Hello Cuala Patrons
Senior footballers march on with a comprehensive victory over Avondale of Wicklow last Sunday. In poor conditions, some scintillating football played and more to look forward to. Special bunch – get to see them before the year is out:
- We have two under 12 teams in action in league playoffs this weekend – the “Brion Boru” hurlers versus Erins Isle on Saturday in Finglas and the “Reds” footballers on Sunday at 3pm in Thomastown versus Kilmacud Crokes.
- Well to the four U13s Diarmaid O’Floinn, Cormac Quinn, Mark Tracy and Rory McMahon who recently represented the Dublin South U13 hurlers that travelled to Waterford and turned in impressive displays to help turn over the Déise in 2 challenge games. .
- Our under 13 camogie team played their championship final last Sunday in somewhat miserable weather conditions. The team played well and were unlucky to be beaten by Thomas Davis who are the only team to have defeated Cuala throughout both the league and championship campaign. Sincere and well deserved congratulations to Jennifer Dunne who won player of the match.
The camogie focus now moves to the under 14s who play their Championship final on Saturday at 12.30pm in Phoenix Park. The team are playing Oliver Plunketts Eoghan Ruadh and would love to see you all out supporting them.
The under 16 girls are also in action this weekend. They play their final league game and win, lose or draw they secure the title. Well done girls. You can see them in action in Thomastown on Saturday. Come along and support Cuala girls.
- Well done also to the U15B footballers who won their League title on Sunday morning with a 2-07 to 1-07 victory over Lucan Sarsfields.
- Congratulations to Cathy Brock who was named Dublin Player of the Month following her recent displays for the club. Nice pictures and article in the Herald this week.
- Dublin U15s south won the recent Leinster competition beating Kildare and Meath. Well done to the 6 Cuala players who played a key role in this victory , Dara Spillane, Gavin Hartnett, James Baily, Jack Lahert and Dara Collopy.
- Good luck to the minor footballers who take on St. Judes in Tymon Park on Sunday in Championship while the U21 footballers take on Ballyboden in the Championship next Saturday.
- Cuala is providing 3 CPR and defibulater course in the month of November, Sunday 11th ,18th and 25th. Anyone who would like to attend please contact Zita 0872235677 or Linda 0872483646.
- Congratulations to the 9 Cuala hurlers nominated for the “Blue Stars” , Dublin version of the All-Stars to be held in Red Cow Inn this Friday.
- Sincere thanks to all who helped out with the renovation works in the club. Its great to see volunteers get together and build real ‘stuff’, walls, ceilings, doors. Mikey Sheanon quarter-backed the whole thing and must have felt like a teacher in a builders kindergarten!
- Reminder on the Barrettstown FundRaiser. Great cause – even greater need.Barretstown Fundraising Day Sat 17th November
- Its AGM season. The minors are going ahead on 19th November. The Adult Section are aiming for 21 November and the Juvenile boys are on tonight 8th. I will bring you notice of the Club AGM when I have confirmation. Thanks to all outgoing officers.
All for this week, slán
Cuala Club Communications