https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2012-11-01 23:31:202014-02-16 00:20:54Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
Hopefully there are a few tricks and treats left in our team’s yet that won’t be scare you out of your wits:
- Best of luck to the Cuala U13 Camogie team who play Thomas Davis in the Championship final on Sunday at 11am in Trinity Gaels.
- Good luck to the U14 B Footballers who play St Finian’s of Swords on Saturday in the semi final of League Division 5. Victory will secure promotion making them the second highest placed B team in Dublin.
- Good luck also to the U15 B Footballers who play their League Final against Lucan at Thomastown on Sunday morning at 11:30. All support welcome.
- Well done to Con O’ Callaghan on captaining the County under 16 team v Meath last Saturday. Club-mate Donal Lane also played.
- It was a tough day at the office last Saturday for the Minor Footballers as the A’s went down to a strong Na Fianna team led by Conor McHugh, dual All-Ireland Dublin star. Mind you, if a Cuala rebound off the cross-bar had gone in, it would have changed the game but that is sport for you. The B’s lost narrowly to Whitehall Colmcilles and the C’s were granted a walkover by Na Fianna’s C team. This Sunday the A hurlers take on Whitehall Colmcilles in Shankill at 11:00 while at the same time the B’s are away to Castleknock.
- The senior footballers march on in their Leinster crusade after beating St. Marys of Granard, Longford last Sunday 0- 11 pts to 0-7. Commanding performances all over the pitch with the two Schuttes, Mark and Paul, pulling the strings at either end and Michal Fitzsimons injecting the energy around the middle third. The team now face Avondale of Wicklow on Sunday in Chanel Park, Coolock.
- U21 Hurlers start their championship campaign on Saturday facing Ballinteer St. Johns.
- As you are probably aware, we are carrying out repair works on the Cuala Club in Hyde Rd at present. In order to accelerate these improvements and get the facility reopened, we are setting up two work nights next Monday and Tuesday between 6.30pm and 10pm. There is a variety of work, so we need help from anyone who can use a hammer, screwdriver or shovel. Please e-mail email@example.com if you can assist on either or both nights.
- This week we are pleased to include details of an event in aid of Barretstown being held on Saturday 17th November. We ask you to support this great initiative. See the link here Barretstown Fundraising Day Sat 17th November
- Lastly, we would like to extend our best regards to Pete Dunne on his retirement. Pete, a stalwart of the club and a butcher for over 33 years, most of it in his shop in Glasthule, is finally hanging up the apron. When Mary has got him to do all the jobs at home, rumour has it that Des Cahill is trying to tempt him onto the Sunday Game to put manners on Joe Brolly. Better hope that Joe doesn’t criticise Kildare or the knives will be out of retirement.
All for this week