It’s a short newsletter this week but boy is it sweet. And what a week – Friday, we were still pondering what might have been after the Hurling final. Saturday we were celebrating a return to top-flight Football and by Sunday, our cup runneth over – the Junior Footballers won their “D” Championship.
Cuala returned to the Senior Football ranks after an absence of 20 years. Well done to Derek Dunne, his back room team and, of course all the players in the panel. Pictures galore in the Cuala Gallery
Not to be outdone, on Saturday, our Junior Footballers did the business for manager Enda McGowan adding to our swelling Trophy cabinet. Congratulations to all involved.
And its not over yet. The Leinster Intermediate Football Championship gets underway on Sunday where Cuala meet St Mary’s of Granard Co. Longford. We have “home” advantage so lets be seeing you all in O’Toole Park for a 2:30 Throw in. Dress Code Red (Masks optional)
Can we possibly endure any more success? Yes we can! The Under 21 Championship is about to get underway and you are reminded that the closing date for applications for Team Managers is next Friday 26thth at 5pm (Hurling) and Friday 2 Nov (Football). The people to contact are –
- Eddie Gough Chairman, Adult Hurling Forum, (086-2584434; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aidan Boyle Chairman, Adult Football Forum, (086-3200683; email@example.com),
- Paul Linnane, Secretary Adult Games Section, (083-3739340; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apologies to patrons of the Cuala Hall and Social Centre for the inconvenience while we finalise refurbishments. Be sure to check with your team mentor about any disruption to training arrangements for the next week or so.
Commiserations to our U14 and U16 Girls who each contested Camogie Finals at the weekend but who were overcome by Castleknock and Lucan Sarsfields. Yes, you read that right – 2 more Cuala teams in County Finals. You’ve got to believe that this experience, and their continued hard work will pay off. We will be back!
And now a special favour. AIB are sponsoring a competition to will a Skills Training Day for a deserving club. Can you think of one? We thought so. Please vote here http://www.clubisfamily.ie/
And finally, as they say on the telly, this email is posted to hundreds of homes every week. To be sure that everyone is getting the news, please forward this mail to your friends and family to remind them that they can keep in touch with Cuala on –
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/cuala.gaa – there’s loads to “Like” about Cuala
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CualaCLG – dont miss what the little blue birdy has to tell you
- Website: https://cualagaa.ie – the source of all Cuala news and information
- Cuala Weekly News: https://cualagaa.ie/newsletters/ to sign-up for weekly email