https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/cuala-head-300x59.png Webmaster2011-06-23 21:59:412014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
It all about those hurlers this week and not just the ones in Blue:
- Well done to the Ken Fitz, Willie Braine and to all the kids, schools, teachers and helpers who attended the primary school blitz over the last week. Congratulations to Johnstown School on their victory overall
- Anyone worried about the future of Gaelic games should come to the Academy Mini-All Ireland in Hyde Rd on Saturday morning. Believe me, its a sight to behold with all the kids showing remarkable skills and commitment. In a week dominated by Grecian debts, there are no hurling deficits in Dalkey.
- Many thanks to all the teenage volunteer referees who helped with the Academy mini-All Ireland in Hyde Rd. Without them it would not have been possible and they are a credit to the club and themselves.
- This week it’s the turn of the Dublin minor and under 21 hurlers to take centre stage in Dublin’s hurling renaissance. Conor Gough and Mark Schutte are playing in tonight’s under 21 semi final against Offaly. On Saturday the minors are playing Westmeath in the Leinster semi final at Parnell Park with a starting time of 7pm. Cian O’Callaghan and Colm Cronin are featuring in the starting line up and Ros Tierney and Ben Errity are listed as subs. All support welcome.
- Cuala should be very proud of our Dublin senior hurlers – Oisin Gough, David Treacy and Paul Schutte – on Dublin’s Leinster semi-final hurling championship victory over Galway. Well done, lads! Best of luck in the Leinster SHC final against current champions, Kilkenny in Croke Park on the 3rd July.
- It was great to see Cuala’s full contingent of senior and U21 Dublin hurlers supporting Cuala senior hurlers in their important league match against Whitehall Gaels on Wednesday last. Cuala won this encounter on a scoreline of 0-17 to 0-12, to maintain their unbeaten league record and to retain their top-of-the table position. The first half belonged to Cuala with both JJ Ryan and Paul Butler active and dominant in Cuala’s forward line. Cuala played some very attractive hurling with John Sheanon and Shane Kiely reliable from placed balls. Whitehall made a game of it in the second half with the assistance of the elements. While both sides exchanged a couple of point in the early stages, Whitehall were dominant in this phase and Cuala’s wides and missed goal-changes did not help. Cuala dug deep – none more than the reliable Fintan O’Brien in goal and Bobby Browne who played a captain’s role, giving a man-of-the-match performance to lead Cuala to a very satisfactory and well-earned victory.
- The Senior Hurlers play an important league match away to Oliver Plunketts on Saturday next. The match takes place in Martin Savage Park at 18:30, on Saturday 25th June. All support is welcome! If you can get there, great!
- Don’t say we don’t bring you up to date news, as Conor Gough, Mark Schutte and the Dublin U21 Hurlers cruised into the Leinster HC Final with a great win over Offaly in Parnell park tonight.
- Many of you would know Mary O’Giolláin and family. Well Mary and her 2 sons Ruadhri and Conall are raising funds for a special project in Lesotho. They need our support to build a school and facilities. Check out the website and support http://friendsdoit4thekids.com/
All for this week, next week will be the last Newsletter until early August.
Cuala Club Communications