Hello Cuala Patrons
Its all about the brilliance of the Cuala Senior Hurlers in reaching the County Final and the raw disappointment of the Dublin minors in the All-Ireland Final replay
- Well done to our Senior Hurlers who came through their Championship semi final against Crumlin in front of a big crowd at Parnell Park on Saturday. Barry Connolly , of the famous Galway Connollys, scored 15 points. Young Sean Brennan, still a minor, saved a penalty three minutes from time. The final on 14th October is against Kilmacud Crokes. We would like all supporters to wear a club hoody, jersey or jacket to the final. If you don’t have one, consider putting in an order in the Cuala shop on Saturday next. The plan is for everyone to return to the club afterwards, win, lose or draw to enjoy the occasion.
- No Harry Potter moments last weekend but still a great year for the Dublin Minor lads nonetheless. Disappointment abounds,but hopefully silverware won’t be too far away for a talented crop of hurlers. Hard Luck to Cian, Colm, Ross, Sean & Jack and the rest of the team on their defeat to Tipperary in the All Ireland Final Replay. A performance clearly inhibited by injuries, it was still great to see 4 Cuala men take the field on the day although little consolation.
- The U14B hurlers will crown a great season and bring home the first league pennant of the year with victory over St Peregrines on Saturday. Throw in is 3-30 at Thomastown. All supporters welcome.
- Well done to the U15A’s who travelled to Skerries for their Championship Shield Quarter Final and came away winners by a two point margin.
- TheU16s hurlers are in Championship first round action on Saturday versus Whitehall in Shankill. Two good teams, should be a cracker.
- Best wishes to our Junior footballers who play Oliver Plunketts Eoghan Ruadh in the Junior D Championship Semi Final on Sunday at 3pm in Martin Savage Park off the Navan road. All support would be greatly appreciated.
- The Minor B Footballers had a good win in the Championship over Na Fianna last weekend. The Minor Cs were defeated and the Minor As had a bye.
- Volunteers required. Monkstown boxing Club are hosting a tournament in the Hall on Saturday Night against the Famous West Ham Boxing Club (details attached). These events are good revenue raising events for Cuala and we are looking for Volunteers to help on the night help with stewarding. If you can give a hand please contact Adrian Dunne. If you are interested in the boxing check out the details here.
- Keep up to date with all your Cuala News Online, Checkout our website www.cualagaa.ie Follow us on twitter @CualaCLG and LIKE us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/cualaclg
- The deadline for our submission to the Dublin GAA Yearbook is fast approaching. If you have a particular highlight from your team or section that you would like have the chance to be recognised, please send a short note through to Rob Hartnett email@example.com who is pulling it together. Your deadline for this is Monday, October 8th.
- Juvenile teams bid farewell to the summer and switch into winter training schedules this week. Contact your team mentors or check your usual communications channels if you are not sure where and when.
All the news for now.