Hello Cuala Patrons
There were some tall tales of magic, wizadry and heroic deeds emerging from last Sunday’s Minors victory over Meath in the All Ireland Final. And that was just the football! Harry Potter himself was spotted too with a rather large goblet. What is going on?
- Well done to Conor Mulally, Martin Cahalane and the Dublin Minors on being crowned All-Ireland Champions last Sunday.Things got slightly surreal when they ran into Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) on Grafton St late Sunday night. Lets say the story is now famous and he owes Mr Mullaly for the taxi. Acting career Conor?
- All over to the Dublin Hurlers this week and in particular captain Cian Callaghan, Colm Cronin, Sean Treacy, Ross Tierney and Jack Behan. Very best of luck lads. If you see any strange characters on Grafton St. perhaps just go straight home.
- Congratulations to David Kane, the winner of our 2012 All Ireland Football Final “Forecast the Score” competition. David forecast the exact scoreline and won the prize on a tie-break based on his attendance forecast. The seller of the winning forecast was Adam Kenny of the 2002 group – Adam is a pupil in Scoil Cholmcille. Thanks to all of our sections who sold cards for this important fundraiser. Special mention for Ryan Kelly of the 2000s group who managed to get a forecast from “Enda Kenny c/o The Dáil”…. as you can imagine, the Taoiseach’s forecast was incorrect on all counts !!
- Great win for the Under 14 Girls over St Maurs in the Division 2 Football Championship Semi Final in Meadow Vale on Sunday. The Cuala girls raced into an early lead with the wind behind and then put in a great second half display against the elements to record a comfortable win. Championship Final is scheduled for October 21st.
- Senior Hurlers are in action on Saturday next at 3:45pm in Parnell Park in the Senior Hurling Championship group semis. After a fine win over Craobh Chiarain, they are looking like a force to be reckoned with.
- Hard luck to the U15 Footballers who were well beaten by Kilmacud Crokes in a replay of the previous Sundays Championship drawn game. U16s had a fine win over St. Vincents in the hurling league.
- Minor C footballers are in action this weekend, Hyde Rd 10:30 Sunday morning. All support welcome and a great feat to put out 3 teams in the Minor Championship.
- Reminder about the custom made gum-shields. The short version this week. Wed 3rd October, 6:30 in the hall, €35. Questions to Jenny at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Well done to Des and all who organised the Cuala Corporate Lunch. A great day out. Was that Ardal O’Hanlon (Father Dougal) behind big Niall Quinn ?
All for this week