https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/logo_cuala_online_new.jpg 300 300 Cuala Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202-1-300x59.png Cuala Webmaster2012-09-13 21:32:502014-02-16 00:20:56Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons
Two great games in Croker last weekend and Dublin Minor hurlers led by Cian O’Callaghan certainly played their part in making history:
- Good luck to the U13 Footballers who travel next weekend to Tralee and the famous Austin Stacks club for a tournament involving teams from across the country.These weekends are legend in terms of the football,craic and sleep deprivation. Enjoy lads.
- The U15 Hurlers’ runs in Championship and Shield came to an end on Sunday morning but it has been a great season to date with some wonderful performances and still more to come.
- You may know Susan Farrell, our Office Administrator in Cuala. Just under a year ago, Susan lost her husband Stephen. In her own words : “I want to thank everyone for their support and kindness at the time of Stephen’s death. His first anniversary is next month and I still cannot believe he is gone. I was dreading having to come back to work but I felt the support from Cuala members and colleagues like a warm blanket around me.”
- Well done to the Senior footballers who beat Kilmacud Crokes in Championship action tonight Thursday winning 2-5 to 0-10. Good one lads.
- Welcome to all those youngsters and their parents who signed up for the Cuala Academy on Saturday. There was a great buzz about the place as there will be next Saturday when the boys of 2005, 2006 and 2007 get their year underway at Hyde Road at 9.30, followed by the girls, whose number continues to grow at a rapid pace, at 11.00.
- We have a lot of lost property left behind by children from the Easter and Summer camps and the Academy in general. These items range from boots and runners to tracksuits and coats. They are currently in the right hand dressing room in the hall. If you are missing any gear please have a look there between 9 and 12 this saturday. Any gear remaining after that will be cleaned and passed on to Barnardos.
- Gym key fobs (€10) are available in Cuala on Friday between 4 and 8pm. Otherwise purchase from Cuala shop on Saturday mornings or Tuesday evenings.
- With only four events to be decided the Sportsprophet prediction competition is drawing to a conclusion. Adam Hudson not only leads in the club competition but also in the overall national competition. Let’s hope from Adam’s sake that Kilkenny, Jensen Button and Europe in the Ryder Cup do the business. Adam has a good lead in the club competition and is unlikely to be caught depending on the results of the remaining events. John Sheanon and Paddy Murdock are lurking in 2nd and 3rd . Only one entrant, Gerry Kelly, has gone for Mayo in the football and nobody fancied Donegal. Only Adrian Dunne and Mikey Sheanon have opted for Galway with the majority going for Kilkenny. One supreme optimist backed Dublin for the double. The competition has proven popular and we hope to run it again in 2013 so let others know. There are still a few participants who have not paid their €20 entry fee. Could they remedy this asap. Best of luck to all entrants.
- Unless you have been aboard the Curiosity (expensive remote control car on Mars) then you will know that Friday September 21st is the Cuala Corporate Lunch. Great way to entertain customers, friends or family. All required details are on the website.
All for this week.