Hello Cuala Patrons
Bad day at HQ for the Dubs, but it would be hard to begrudge Mayo and Donegal their big day. First up is the clash of the Cats and the Tribesmen in what promises to be a cracker. The Dublin Minors are going for the double with Cuala’s Cian O’Callaghan leading out the hurlers on Sunday next:
- Congratulations to Cuala’s Dublin Minor Footballers, Conor Mulally and Martin Cahalane on beating Kerry last Sunday and reaching the All Ireland Final where they will face Meath on September 23rd.
- Good Luck to Cuala’s Sean Treacy, Jack Behan, Ross Tierney, Colm Cronin and Cian O’Callaghan and the rest of the Dublin Minor Hurlers who face Tipperary in the All Ireland Final this Sunday. The match has a 1.15 throw in and will be televised live on RTE2.
- 3 Cuala players represented their club in the Sonny Walsh U14 tournamanent in Waterford last weekend. Goalkeeper Ryan de Felice, Oisin Marry and Emmet Murphy. Diarmait Maas was part of the Dublin development Squad in the Tony Forristal, but was injured for the tournament and while he did travel, he was unable to participate. In the Sonny Walsh, Dublin were narrowly beaten by Tipperary and then Cork who went on to win the tournament. Well done to all.
- Well done also to the Cuala U16s and U17s who represented Dublin in the Arrabawn and Eugene Carey tournaments respectively last weekend. The Dublin U16As (Con O’Callaghan, Jake Malone, Donal Lane) went out to Clare in head-scratching circumstances in the qualifying rounds, while the U16Bs (Shane Murphy) went all the way to the final,beating Galway, Waterford and Limerick but were beaten by a fresher Cork team in the final. Good pictures in the Herald during the week.
- The U15A Hurlers will be in Championship semi final action against St. Vincent’s on Sunday morning at the earlier than normal time of 10am. The venue is Shankill rather than Thomastown. The largely under age B’s went down to St. Kevin’s in the Championship but put in a great shift in the second half and will also be in action in the Shield next Sunday in either at Crumlin or Swords.
- The Juvenile Camogie section can be proud of a great weekend with wins over Kilmacud Crokes at U11 and 16, against Ballyboden at U13 and against Crumlin at U14. The aggregate scores were 19-19 to 7-10 so well done to all.
- Coaching Department are running a Foundation Level Coaching Course from 28th September to 1st October. Really important for new coaches. Anyone interested can give me a ring on 087-6830296 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited to 24.
- Bookings are now being taken for the Cuala All Ireland lunch which takes place on Friday 21st September at the Burlington Hotel. Always a great day out with Dessie running the show, there’s no better way to entertain customers or colleagues. Details on the website from this week. Here’s a link to all the details : https://cualagaa.ie/2012/09/its-time-to-play-with-your-food-20th-all-ireland-lunch-announced
- Don’t forget, Cuala Academy is on this Saturday September 8th with 80 boys and 40 girls places available for children born in each of 2005, 2006 and 2007.
- Cuala Gym has now re-opened after major refurbishment. Key fobs are €10 available in Cuala. Cuala Shop is also open again on Saturdays from 9am to 11.30am and Tuesday 7-8pm.
- Its getting to Championship season for many of the Adult team. Intermediate football championship v Kilmacud Crokes, Thursday 13th Sept in Kiltipper Road at 7:30 pm. (Thomas Davis pitch All Weather).
More next week – enjoy the games.