Hello Cuala Patrons,
There are mini-All Irelands running all this week , although it probably more resembles a swimming championship with this weather :
- The Summer Camps are now taking registraions. You will find all the details on the Cuala website. The camp starts on the first Monday in July for four weeks and a great one to occupy those youngsters over the coming weeks. Attached are the summer camp forms. Application forms for the Coaching positions and Summer camp are at the following link on the webpage https://cualagaa.ie/2012/06/summer-camp-2012/
- Best of luck to Cian O’Callaghan, Colm Cronin,Ros Tierney,Jack Behan and Sean Treacy in the Leinster Minor Hurling Championship with the Cats on Saturday. Cian has the honour of captaining Dublin in this winner-takes-all encounter.
- Best of luck too to our senior hurlers Oisin Gough, David Treacy and Paul Schutte versus Kilkenny in the Leinster Hurling Championship clash on Saturday also in Portlaoise.
- Speaking of Senior hurlers, our own Cuala boys are on a role, defeating Ballyboden (again!) recently in the league and Craobh Chiaráin last night. Good win too on Monday night for the Junior hurlers vs Raheny.
- Details for the upcoming Leinster Senior Football Championship Semi-Final – Sun 1 July
- Meath/Carlow v Offaly/Kildare (14:00)
- Dublin v Wexford (16:00)
This ticketing service is intended for paid-up members only. No orders arriving after the deadline of Sat 23 June at 19:00 can be processed or acknowledged. Use either of these methods –
- email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text to the Cuala Ticket Line 087-9019043
Tickets will be available for collection from 8.30pm – 10pm on Thurs 28 June in the Cuala Bar. All tickets must be paid for on the collection night.Uncollected tickets may be returned or re-distributed and you will still be charged.
General : Hogan Stand (No Concessions) €30,Cusack Stand – €30,Davin Stand – €30, Hill 16 (No Concessions) – €20
Family: Adult and 2 Juveniles , Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands
- Adults – €30 Juveniles – €5
- Students & Senior Citziens (Cusack & Davin Stand Only)
Wheelchair Ticket + 1 Assistant €30
Students & Senior Citziens (Cusack & Davin Stand Only):-
Purchase full price tickets and on the day of the match they can claim a rebate of €15 when they produce appropriate I.D. at Block D, Stiles 1 to 5 in the Cusack Stand (Rebate can only be claimed on entry into the stadium via Block BLOCK D prior to ENTERING THE STADIUM)
Group Passes (Under 16?s) : DAVIN STAND ONLY. Groups Passes are provided for groups of Juveniles U-16 €3 per Juvenile and you are permitted to bring 1 adult free with every ten Juveniles, any additional adults pay full price for their tickets. (SUBJECT TO AVAILABLILITY).
Adult Club Group Tickets – DAVIN STAND & HOGAN STAND (DESIGNATED SECTIONS ONLY). Adult Club Groups Tickets are available for Club minimum of 15 maximum of 50 for the price of €20 each. (SUBJECT TO AVAILABLILITY)
- See below a Message from our Club Chairman Peadar McAdam:
“At the recent Strategic Review the issue of facilities around the club and its playing venues was a common theme. Last week saw the first phase of the improvements around the clubhouse commence in the construction of new steps in front of the dressing rooms. The project was managed by Ciaran Irwin and Mikey Sheanon, who coincidentally, are the two men who managed the work on the original steps some 12 years ago and who are constantly involved in helping out in the improvement of the club facilities.
This was a major project to be completed over two/three days and despite the many appeals issued for help through all our communication facilities only 14 people volunteered their time for part or all of Friday, Saturday and Tuesday evening. I wish to sincerely thank all those willing helpers for their generosity and willingness to give assistance. However it was very disappointing that so few showed up for this much needed work, especially given the level of comment made over the last few months on the need to make improvements around the club. I hope that a greater level of support will be forthcoming for future projects and that the club will not be left to rely on the usual willing helpers. These willing helpers have been around for a long time and you can be sure they will continue to give their time selflessly to Cuala. It would be great however if other members showed them the support and encouragement by helping out where required.
There are two obvious reasons why the Coiste chose to do this work on a voluntary basis, firstly there is the obvious significant financial benefit to the club of not having to engage outside contractors. Secondly, it helps create a club and community spirit, qualities for which the GAA is famous and the reason why the GAA is the great organization it is.
With Cuala involved in hosting the All-Ireland Hurling and Camogie Feile Finals on 5th/6th/7th July including teams from Antrim, Waterford and Offaly. It is important that our facilities are up to the highest standard possible for such a prestigious event. We hope that over the next few weeks there will be a much improved response from the members to the calls to help around Your Club, especially in preparation for the Feiles and on the Feile weekend itself.”
All for this week. Will make next week the last Newsletter before the summer break (mine!) until August-ish.Slán