Hello Cuala Patrons,
Busy week this one and lots of good new stories below including a famous victory, read on:
- This week’s Feile action sees the Under 14 girls (1998s supported by some 1999s) taking part in Division 2 of the Dublin Camogie Feile in Thomastown on Saturday. 8 teams will be in action from early morning through to semi finals at 3:30, with the Juvenile Girls section fully mobilised to ensure the day runs smoothly and the visiting clubs are given a warm welcome. The Cuala girls play their 3 group games at 11:10, 11:50 and 13:10 – with all support welcome. The girls have been training hard since the Autumn and are all set to represent the Club with pride.
- Well done to everyone involved in the Féile na Gael tournaments over the weekend. We were proud to be the first club in Dublin to host three full teams at this level. The A’s lost by only one point at Thomastown to eventual Division Two winners Whitehall Colmcille’s. The B’s were bumped up to Division 4 but the two teams that beat them in the group stage went on to contest the final and our C team were competitive over at Lucan.
The 1998s are still working on fund-raising for the Féile year and there will be a collection of clothes, books and mobile phones to raise money for the group at Hyde Road on Saturday.
- U15s were unlucky against a strong Raheny side last Tuesday while the U16s beat Whitehall well in the hurling league.
- Our Minor Hurlers had strong win against Lucan 5-19 to 1-10 in Division One at Shankhill on Sunday. The Minor B Footballers finished runners up in a 4 team tournament ran over the last couple of months with mid-week matches between Ballyboden, Cuala, Avondale (Rathdrum, Wicklow) and An Tochar (Roundwood, Wicklow). There will be no competitive fixtures for Minor teams for the next month due to the Leaving Cert. The Minor Section Management and Committee wish the lads well in their exams. Training for those not doing exams will continue over the next few weeks and we hope to line up a couple af challenge matches so keep an eye out for the texts. Thanks to all who turned out for the Luke Kelly Fundraiser last week with special thanks to Colin Behan, Linda McCarthy, Kevina Malone who worked tirelessly to make this happen. There was a great turnout on the night.
- Another Cuala man on the county stage is minor footballer Conor Mulally, who had an outstanding game in the coveted number 6 shirt for the Dublin Minors in the Dubs comprehensive defeat of Longford in the Leinster Championship last Saturday. There was a great spread in the Herald too during the week. The Dubs now face Kildare in the Leinster Semi Final.
- Well done to our Junior Footballers who came through their second round Championship tie against St Pats Donabate with a nine point win.
- Now what has to be hottest news in all Dublin hurling! Against all odds, our senior hurlers have done what no team in Dublin has done for 5 years. Yes, they knocked Ballyboden out of the championship last night! A Boden team studded with inter county regulars could not defeat our Cuala boys. There is a great report on the Cuala website so check it out. Now I know you wont miss the next game!
- Its ticket time again for Dublin games, so pay attention :Leinster Hurling Championship– 2nd June 2012 Dublin vs Laois O’Connor Park, Tullamore@5pm
General Tickets : Stand – €25, Terrace – €15
Family Tickets:1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc.
Stand:- Adults €25 Juveniles €5 each
Terrace:- Adults €15 Juveniles €3 each
Leinster Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals-3rd June 2012-Croke Park
Longford vs Wexford @ 2.00PM
Louth vs Dublin @ 4.30PM
General Tickets: Stand Tickets, Hogan Stand (No Concession) – €25 ; Cusack Stand – €25 ; Davin Stand – €25 ; Hill 16 (No Concessions) – €15
Family Tickets: 1 Adult and 2 Juveniles etc. Family Tickets are only available for Cusack and Davin Stands
Adults – €25 Juveniles – €5
N.B ! Cuala Orders need to be placed by Saturday 26th MAY 8p by texting name, order, quantity to 087-9019043;
- Dayo Byrne is looking for volunteers to help run the traditional Cuala waterstation as part of the Womans Mini Marathon on June 4th, Bank Holiday Monday. The job in hand is to dispense water; whether it be by hand it, throwing it, or just splashing it about – we dont care – we just need help! There’ll be no Water Charges and most importantly, you will all be fed in Cuala afterwards. Names to Dayo on email@example.com or by text to 0866040998 as soon as you can.
That’s all for this week, enjoy the fine weather