Hard to believe its almost St. Patrick’s day already and the social events are moving faster than a ministers Merc :
- Calling all keen dancers, the Cuala Family Céilí will be held on Thursday evening in the Hall. Do not miss it – details in the attachment
- The Cuala Academy is holding a fun filled Casino Night on the 9th April in the Killiney Castle Hotel.Along with the thrills and spills of the casino, we will also have a fun auction, a raffle and a number of other side shows during the evening to ensure that a great night out is had by all. or anyone who has a business who can help raise further funds by providing sponsorship, a spot prize or advertise in our brochure on the night we will be delighted to hear from you. Contact the Cuala Academy for more details.
- Cuala have a new Facebook page at “Cuala Gaa Dalkey”. Add as your friend to find out all the latest news.
- Cuala are having an Easter Eggtravaganza, Sat 23rd April from 2pm – 6pm. Great day out for all the family….. Face painting, egg hunt, Easter bunny, magic shows and much more. More details to follow in coming weeks.
- 1st and 2nd year Social, in Cuala Friday 15th April 8 – 11pm, find us on Facebook “Cuala Social”. Tickets go on sale Thursday 31st March in Cuala from 7-9pm
- Cuala Ladies Football Minors had a great win last Saturday, 5/3, in Mobhi Road. The Cuala girls worked really hard and notched up a 1-3, 2-13 half time score against a good Na Fianna side. Na Fianna had a few outstanding players but they were kept in check by Vanessa Frawley, Martha Byrne, Elinor Doherty & Grainne Fitzsimons. Although Na Fianna had the better second half, the first half performance was enough to give Cuala the win with a final score of Na Fianna 3-8, Cuala 2-17. This win was only possible because Katie O’Dea, from the Under 15s, and an injured Alanna Quinn, played, allowing us to field a team – Many Thanks to both of them. Cuala Lady of the Match was Shauna Hudson.
- Teams training at Loreto are reminded that cars are not to drive down to the school entrance but are to park instead on Harbour Road. There have been a number of complaints and from this week we have to put stewards at the corner to ‘remind’ parents that are dropping or collecting of this request.
- A bicycle was stolen from an U13 match at Thomastown last weekend, despite being chained to the railings. Please make sure to be aware of your gear and goods when training as we are in public areas.
- Good luck to the U13, U14, U15 and U16 Hurlers who start their League campaigns this weekend. We have three teams playing in Divisions One, Three and Five at U13; Two playing at Division One and Four at U14, One at Division One at U15 and two at Division One and Three at U16.
- The U16A and B Footballers recorded league victories over Castleknock and St. Maurs last weekend this leaves the A’s joint top and the B’s top of their Divisions. This weekend it’s the first round of the Hurling League and the A’s are away to St. Vincents and the B’s are at home to St. Marks.
- Well done to Clonkeen’s U16 Footballers on beating Benevin of Finglas by 1 point in a dramatic Dublin C Final in O’Toole Park on Tuesday. The lads are now into the Leinster Semi Final.
- Don’t forget the Minor Sections Table Quiz this Friday in the Hall at 8:30. €10 a head or €40 for a table of 4. Should be great Craic with Brendan Stanley, Patsey Greene and Ciaran Irwin supplying the questions.
- Friday is also the closing date for entries to “Last Man Standing” (form and instructions on the website) thanks to all those who have already entered please leave your entry behind the Bar F.A.O. Willie Braine.Results will be updated weekly on the Cuala Website.
- Colm O’ Farrell would like to advise that he is now fixing hurleys for the underage teams in Cuala. Colm has worked with Martin Dunne Hurley Repairs for the last 2 years and last year fixed Hurleys for the Dublin Under 21 squad.The cost of a repair will be 5 euro. Phone:0877536389 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Senior Adult Hurling returned to Hyde Park, Dalkey last Sunday. Cuala senior hurling team lost a closely fought and entertaining Boland Cup tussle with Faugh, 1-11 to 0-9. Despite the loss, the management are confident that the team is on right road and that there are better results ahead.
- Adult Hurling Training continues with physical training sessions at Hyde Park on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at 7:15 p.m. and hurling sessions on Saturday mornings at 10:45 p.m. To date all session have been excellent and very well attended. All Adult Hurlers are encouraged to continue their committment to training and to be sure to be there on time.
- The Mick Holden Memorial Golf Classic (MHMGC) will be held again this year at Woodbrook Golf Club on Friday, 15 April. The occasion provides an opportunity for relatives, friends, colleagues and former team-mates of Mick to met, chat, recall old memories and to celebrate Mick’s life. Last year’s inaugural MHMGC was a great success where people from the many strands of Mick’s life met in a celebratory and friendly atmosphere. There is a heavy demand for golf team slots. Cost per Team of 4:€300, Hole Sponsorship: €100, Corporate Team: €400 (includes hole sponsorship). If you wish to participate in the event please contact any of the individuals listed below: Contact:
- The new range of Cuala leisurewear will be launched at the forthcoming events in Cuala beginning with the minor table quiz on Friday evening at 8.30pm in cuala hall and then at all other forthcoming events. The new leisurewear range is trendy, up to the minute and at affordable prices it is the thing to be seen in. The new range can be also viewed on display in the cuala shop and shortly will also be displayed on the new website.
All from this weeks social calendar. No newsletter next week as I’ll be Céilí dancing .
Cuala Club Communications