Below please note some important updates and clarifications in relation to Covid matters as we have now moved to Level 5 across the country:
For Consideration of Clubs:
- Club Games and Training
Level 5 restrictions mean neither adult club games nor Training can take place between now and December 1st. The GAA is adopting a 32-County approach in this context and therefore training for adult teams will not be allowed in the North either.
From midnight tonight, training at Minor level and below only will be permitted for clubs in all 32 Counties (but not inter-county). However it must be on a non-contact basis in pods of no more than 15 people. Dressing Rooms cannot be used and the Health Questionnaire must be filled out by all those participating. Attendance by parents/guardians should be on the basis of one per child (for child protection reasons) and the Health Questionnaire must be filled out by all of those coming into the ground.
Injury Benefit Fund – GAA injury benefit cover is only in place for Inter County training and where non-contact training is organised for school aged children (i.e. Minor grade and below) outdoors in pods of 15
GAA Injury Benefit Fund cover does not extend to physical training sessions conducted remotely (i.e. online, via zoom etc.)
- Use of indoor facilities – Commercial use of indoor halls continues to be permitted where agreement was in place prior to March and relevant insurance are in place. Use by State bodies e.g. HSE/Schools is also permitted.
These are the only instances in which Indoor facilities should be used.
- Outdoor Astro facilities/All weather pitches – these can only be used for underage Gaelic Games training purposes. Under Level 5, they cannot be hired out to recreational users (Schools are the only exception in this context)
Essential property checks maintenance and pitch upkeep is permitted in Level 5
In the case of Community Employment Scheme workers, local scheme operators will need to confirm the position to each club. We would remind all units that an extension of cover request is required for engagement of such workers at club properties
- Club Lottos/Draws – These are not permitted to take place indoors on GAA facilities.
- Walking Tracks – these are permitted to be used on the basis of the relevant control measures (signage etc) being in place. Clubs should remind users of the 5km travel restrictions in relation to use of these facilities.
- Drive in Events – Drive-in events are not permitted in Level 5 in the 26 Counties or for clubs in the 6 Counties.
- Handball Handball Alleys can only be used for individual training (i.e. one player at a time)
Inter County Matters
- Minor and U20 Training and Games
All games and training at U20 and Minor level will cease from midnight tonight, Wednesday 21st.
The GAA will issue further advice in relation to when these competitions will now take place in due course.
- Attendances at Allianz League and Championship Games
All Senior inter county games in both the 26 and 6 Counties must be played behind closed doors.
This means only essential personnel should be in attendance. A maximum of 40 persons per team will be allowed access to games. This figure should include all players, management, coaches, ancillary backroom personnel and officials. There can be NO EXCEPTIONS to this and this needs to be clearly communicated to team managements, players and backroom personnel. Counties hosting league games will have ultimately responsibility for ensuring access is limited as outlined.
For clarity, the 80 team personnel (40 per team) is in addition to essential match day personnel such as Match officials (Referees, Linesmen, Umpires), Media, Streaming personnel and required event officials (stewards etc.)
- Other issues to be conscious of for inter county games
- Group team photographs are not permitted before or after games due to the challenges they present with regard to social distancing.
- Players should not stand together for the National Anthem and should assume match positions before the Anthem proceeds.
- Jerseys should not be swapped after games
- Please ensure Huddles are not formed by your players
- Players should not shake hands before or after games.
- Water breaks – players should avoid coming together in a close group for water breaks