At last we have a date to resume training – albeit very different than what we are used to!
The welcome news that GAA activity is reopening from the 29th June – against the backdrop of the ongoing COVID threat to our families – will require a lot of pre-planning and preparation.
The reopening process brings with it a lot of personal responsibility for everyone taking part in our games. It would be important that everyone involved with Cuala – parents, players, mentors,coaches, staff, section leaders, executive – take some time to familiarise themselves with the GAA’s Covid-19: Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games
The guidelines set out the new procedures and protocols for return to safe training while we continue the fight against COVID-19. While it will be challenging for everyone to rigorously follow and implement the protocols we have no choice – hopefully the situation will improve as we move forward and we can get back to some degree of normality.
This is a summary Checklist of things that have to be done BEFORE we reopen:
- A 15 Page Document that was sent by Croke Park has to be circulated to everyone and read by everyone PRIOR to returning (see link above)
- Everyone has to familiarise themselves with the basic medical information as outlined in this document.
- All actions in Section 2 have been undertaken to prepare the facilities for the reopening.
- Chairperson and Secretary or their nominees have completed the online Gaelic Games Education module.
- Each Team Prior to training has appointed a Covid Supervisor and they have completed the online Gaelic Games Education module.
- A Timetable has been set out so that individual teams know the training times & allows for cleaning up and no overlapping of players from individual teams.
- All players /parents/mentors/members have completed the on line Gaelic Games Education module.
- A system is in place for completion of player Health Questionnaire and recording of Temperatures.