COVID-19 Management Plan
We hope that everyone is keeping safe and well and looking forward to the return to our beloved Gaelic games in the coming days and weeks.
This document has been approved by the club’s Executive which has the responsibility of ensuring that all guidance, directives & obligations set out by the Government, HSE & GAA in relation to the safe return to training and playing are met.
We are aware of the fact that COVID-19 has affected many families throughout the club and in our community so please rest assured that we take our responsibility as a club very seriously indeed when it comes to implementing our COVID-19 Management Plan.
The objectives of this document are to: –
- Ensure that Cuala take all reasonable steps to provide as safe an environment as possible for our players/coaches to return to train as per the GAA/LGFA/Camogie Guidelines on Safe Return to Gaelic Games
- Outline to our members the provisions and steps we are taking as a club to ensure that we can provide (within reason) a safe environment for our players & coaches to return to training.
- Outline to our members their responsibility in making this plan work as effectively as possible.
- Give management teams & parents confidence that the club has taken all reasonable steps & precautions to make return to training as a safe as possible.
- Ensure that all of our juvenile and adult players can get back out on the training pitch with their friends as soon as possible – safely.
Things we must do before we can get back
1. E-learning module
All members – especially adult players, parents/guardians of underage players and team management personnel – returning to games MUST complete the Covid-19 Club Education e-Learning module for Gaelic Games.
It takes just 20 mins to complete and must be done before returning to training/games. You should retain a copy of your certificate of completion – you will need to send a copy to your team manager before the first training session.
NB: Parents/guardians who complete the module on behalf of their child/children should include the names of each child on the certificate.
2. Register an account on the GAA’s COVID Return to Play system
In addition, one of the key control measures that has been put in place as part of a Safe Return to Gaelic Games is a Health Questionnaire.Adult players, parents/guardians of underage players and team personnel will be required to complete the online Health Questionnaire once prior to their return to GAA Activities.
Using the same system, Adult players, parents/guardians of underage players and team personnel will be required to declare, before each training session/game, that their health status has not changed.
Click to access the system ->> GAA’s COVID Return to Play system
A user guide for the online system is here