Hello Cuala Patrons
We start to look forward to Féile from now on and Cuala has a hosting role this year:
- The 1998 (Under 14) Girls take part in Division 1 of the Dublin Football Feile this weekend. The Feile takes place at Naomh Mearnóg / St Sylvesters with the group games on Saturday against Foxrock/Cabinteely (1015), Kilmacud Crokes (1145) and O’Tooles (115). The 98s have been training hard and are looking forward to representing the Club with pride. We wish the girls all the very best for the Feile. All support welcome.
- One of our 2000s (Under 12) Boys teams head to Galway on Sunday for an Under 12 hurling tournament hosted by the Salthill Knocknacarra club. Clubs from Galway, Tipperary and Offaly as well as the Cuala lads will be taking part with some of the games taking place on the Pearse Stadium pitch. It promises to be a great experience for our Under 12 hurlers.
- Great wins also for the U13 A and B, U14 A and U15A Hurlers in recent days. The U16A’s just got pegged back to a draw by Ballyboden in the closing minutes to prevent a clean sweep among the older juvenile boys.
- Cuala will be hosting Division Two, Group 1 at Thomastown on Saturday May 5th. The U14A footballers will take on Raheny, Kilmacud Crokes and Castleknock. All support from around the club will be warmly welcomed. The U14B and U14C footballers will play their fixtures at Fingal Ravens and Kilmacud Crokes respectively as we launch a three pronged attack on the Féile.
- The Academy was back in full swing on Saturday. If you have or know of any boys or girls born in 2004, 2005 or especially 2006, now would be a great time to get them involved ahead of the summer highlight of the Mini All Irelands.
- Well done to Jake Malone, Con O’Callaghan, Daithi O Murchu and Donal Lane who all played for Dublin U16s in a hurling blitz in Kilkenny.And a blitz it was, with Dublin beating both Wexford and Kilkenny so not a bad days work.
- There were good wins for the Minor A footballers at the weekend, a draw for the B team and a defeat for the C’s. Great to have so many teams in action at this level.The Minors are in Hurling action this week, the A’s face Na Fianna in Shankill on Sunday at 11am while the B’s are away to Naomh Iosolde in Liffey Park.
- Tickets for the Minor Section’s Fundraiser, “The Legend of Luke Kelly” will be on sale in the Cuala Shop this Saturday and will also be available from the Cuala Office. Tickets are flying out the door so get them while you can.
- Good luck to the Dublin U21 Footballers and the Senior hurlers who will be in double header action in Portlaoise next Saturday in the U21 All Ireland Semi Final and the replay of the Division 1A Hurling play off. Shame it clashes with a full programme of Saturday juvenile games.
- The Dublin County Board are pleased to announce the launch of the Parnell Park Season Ticket for 2012/2013. Existing and new members can purchase their pass online at http://dcbtickets.gaa.ie or by downloading the application from http://www.hill16.ie/uploads/Parnell_Pass_2012_2013.pdf and post to Fiona Waters, Dublin County Board, Parnell Park, Donnycarney, Dublin 5. I have also attached a form to this email if you wish to upload it to your club website.Terrace Pass – €130, Stand Pass €175,there will be no Juvenile Passes available for sale.
That’s it for this week, slán