https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202.png 0 0 Webmaster https://cualagaa.ie/wp-content/uploads/Asset-2xxxhdpi-1-1030x202.png Webmaster2011-06-02 22:22:012014-02-15 23:53:42Cuala Weekly News
Hello Cuala Patrons,
First weekend for the Dublin footballers to show their championship stuff:
- Cuala Gaelic4Mothers FUN MINI ALL IRELAND on again this year. Calling all Cuala mothers, friends, sisters, godmothers, aunts & grannies to join a team this year. No experience necessary. Games start Weds 15th June and culminate with Mini All Ireland on Sat 25th June. Text your interest to Eileen on 087-2241032 . Teams 7 a side. Eur15 registration for your County t-shirt & trophy.
- It is clothes spring clear out time again as the Camogie section are once again doing a fundraising of recycled clothes and we need all of you to help! Please drop down as many black bags as possible to Cuala, Dalkey on Tuesday June 14th from 4-00pm to 8-00pm. You may also drop down bags from 4-00pm to 6-45pm on the following day, Wed. 15th June. You may include any clothes and shoes,and belts etc. Please only half – fill bags as we gain more financially this way rather than completely full bags. For further information you may call Máire Uí Scolaí, 087 2797090.
- On Saturday evening last, Cuala Senior Hurlers beat St. Pat’s convincingly, 2-16 to 0-08, in a top of the table clash. Having chosen to play with the assistance of a strong wind, St. Pat’s started brightly and lead by four points to one after 17 minutes of play. However, a double goal strike from Andy Browne, the impressive Cuala full forward, settled Cuala and, maybe more importantly, had an unsettling effect on St. Pat’s. Conor Gough was effective in controlling and leading the Cuala defence. Cuala were well positioned at half-time, leading by 3 points. In the second half, when the ever-alert Cian Waldron hit a purple patch, scoring 4 points in as many minutes, the game was as good as won. Cuala were in command throughout the field and ran out comfortable winners. Cuala Senior Hurlers are top of their league – the only unbeaten team in the league!
- Congratulations to Frank Byrne who won €7500 last Sunday in the Cuala Lotto.
- Sympathies to John Twomey and family on the death of his father Tom. Tom was a former chairman of Erin’s Isle originally from the hurling stronghodl of Newtownshandrum. A proud Corkman and a great GAA supporter, ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam dílíis.
- Once again appealing for members who are available to volunteer help man the water stations and be part of the biggest ‘Women Only’ Mini Marathon in the World. The Flora Women’s Mini Marathon is Ireland’s largest one day charity event with nearly €10 million raised for charities in 2007. Be a part of an enjoyable day and help thousands of women get across the line. If your are interested in getting involved please contact your team mentor or Damian Byrne 086-6040998.
- Summer Camp forms – great way to keep the little darlings busy and out of your hair!
- Good luck to all those starting exams next week.
All for this week – slán go foill.
Cuala Club Communications