Hello Cuala Patrons
One of the biggest weekends in the GAA calendar ahead and we have a few bits and pieces on ourselves over the coming days. Good luck to Dublin and Mayo in the big one:
- Well done to all in organising the Cuala Corporate Lunch – its a been great success with huge interest so hats off to all the sponsors and sellers. We can now enjoy a great afternoon of food and entertainment.
- Senior Hurlers are in Championship action vs Lucan Sarsfields now fixed for Sunday 29th in O’Toole Park at 4:00pm all support welcome.
- The U13 Footballers (2000s Boys) enjoyed a great trip to Kerry to play in the Annual Lee Strand tournament at Austin Stacks GAA Club. No silverware coming back on the train but doubtless many memories of a first representative away trip for the lads. Dont forget to return those All Ireland Forecast the Score Cards which must be sold and returned to age group or section reps by Saturday evening at the latest please
- On Saturday last , the under 12 girls (2001s) had not one but two Football teams playing at home to Ballinteer. The girls performed very well, winning both matches.
- As part of the Gathering 2013 the 2001’s (u12’s) have been invited to take part in the Eithiad International Hurling Festival in Galway. One team will be traveling down on Sat 21st to play against teams from the Ulster, Connaught and Munster. Cuala will be representing Dublin and Leinster.
- Brilliant win for the U15 Footballers in their A Championship Replay away to Ballinteer on Wednesday night. The lads are now unbeaten in seven matches when at or even near full strength and travel to Na Fianna on Sunday morning for the Quarter Final. High hopes for a big start to a big day.
- Junior hurlers have vital league game v Na Fianna which is a must-win game if Cuala are to hold on to their AHL status. The game is in Collinstown at 5.30. All support is welcome.
- Minor footballers are in Championship action again Sunday with the As in Shankill at 10:30am and the Bs out in Ballyfermot. All Support welcome!
- In 1988 Cuala GAA Club achieved a unique double in reaching both the Senior and Junior Millennium Football Championship Finals. Of the 50 odd players and mentors who appeared in the team photographs, four have unfortunately passed away, Mick Holden, Brendan Ryan, Gerry Finan and Liam McCrudden. To remember them and to mark the 25th Anniversary of the Millennium Football Finals a reunion of Players and Mentors will be held in the Club on Saturday night, Septmeber 21st.Ar dheis De go raibh a n-anamacha.
- Hill 18 comes to Cuala on Sunday. Cuala Hall will screen the Dublin vs Mayo All Ireland Football Final live in the Cuala hall on a massive 16ft by 9ft Screen. Everyone’s invited. Admission is €2 and that includes face painting and a goody bag for all the kids. So if you can’t get to Croker the next best place to watch the big game is Cuala! Even Mayo supporters are welcome!
- The Adult Footballers have created a text messaging service to provide Cuala supporters with details of minor, U21 and adult football games. This will include a pre-match text informing each supporter of the location and time of upcoming matches and a post match text with the result. This service is free of charge and open to all interested parties. If you would like to have your number added to the database, please text your full name to 0873909719.
- There was a clean sweep across the board for the adult footballers this weekend. It started with a great win for the first team in AFL2 on Saturday evening winning 4-17 to 1-6 against Naomh Mearnog. It continued on Sunday morning when the second team defeated Skerries Harps by 2-7 to 0-5 in AFL6. The weekend finished on a high with the third team beating Beann Éadair by 2-12 to 1-7 in AFL9. A special mention goes to the current favourite for footballer of the year, Big Daragh Agnew, who starred in all three games, the first Cuala man to achieve this feat in one weekend.
- The Adult Hurling Section would like to thank all the generous sponsors and teams who helped to make the recent Golf Classic a huge success in particular Event Sponsor Trevor Patton of Patton Flyer Cabs. We would like to extend our thanks you to all who helped to make the event the success it was including all of our kind sponsors, participating teams and the volunteers who helped to make the day a success. http://bit.ly/1ejGTbo